New (to me) Boat...could use advice

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by drcwaynem, May 1, 2006.

1. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All, I just bought a new (to me) Grumman 1676 Deep V. It has everything on it to include a 50 hp Johnson. I will be picking it up from the marina after having the outboard prepared for fishing after sitting all winter. I live in southern Illinios and plan on doing as much fishing as possible. I could use some advice on Catfishing the Mississippi near the Alton lock and dam, Kaskaskia below the spillway at Carlyle Lake, the Kaskaskia around New Athens, Carlyle lake, Baldwin lake, and the Kaskasia just below Baldwin. Also, I could use some advice on the legalities of jugging as well as how best to set up for it. I have been saving gallon jugs all winter getting ready for this late spring and summer. Thanks in advance for all your advice and help!!!

C. Wayne

2. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Wayne, I do not know your area but as for the jugs, I would use circle hooks on the jug lines, because they will hook themselves. Cajun red line that is invisible underwater. Good luck and hope to see you on the water.

Daryl

3. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live just east of St. Louis Missouri in an area near Collinsville, Illinois.

4. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    check the illinois board, you will find most of the places you are asking about in there. welcom to the site!

5. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    it easer if u just go to fishing tackle thread or arcives an look up jugs chouse from all of the stuff there , and builb them the way u want or expearment , or get some of wolfs new flagin jugs . thats what s so great about the b.o.c. everybody helps!! have a day:big_smile: