New to Louisiana, wanting to fish Toledo Bend Reservoir, or Sabine River

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by thenightstalker, Jun 5, 2007.

1. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey yall. im new to the area. i moved here from indiana. im really wanting to fish toledo bend, or the sabine river for some monster cats. anyone out there up to talking me? unfortunatly, i had to leave my boat behind. although, i still have all my fishing equipment with me. so if there are anyone nice out there that wouldnt mind me tagging along, please please let me know. and ill be there!

2. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC. I spent a little time in Indiana years ago. I enjoyed my time there fishing the lakes and rivers. I fish Toledo Bend and the Sabine River a lot. It is good fishing and there are many big cats in both lake and river. To bad you had to leave your boat, bet that hurt. Lots of good information on here, BOC about Toledo B.and River.
    Good luck fishing
    Joe

3. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    ive been a member of boc for a while now
    its the best place on the web.
    we you go to the bend, send me a message if you have a some room for another

zach

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to BOC.

5. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    well i went to toledo bend for the first time this morning. alof of sand stone there. the turbines were off. they were supposed to come on around 3. approximate time of them running was 5 hrs. i guess the fishing is better during the time the turbines are running. im going back tonight for some cats. i hope to catch a plenty. later yall

6. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    i fished the pendelton bridge saturday night. caught a load of barfish. and GAR. never have caught so many Gar in my life. i hate gar with a passion. i had a few poles out of cats and was casting for bream. i only caught enough bream for bait. but the bar fish were hitting tremendosly. hell i must have caught 200. of course i didnt keep them, but there had to be massive schools of them. all along the bridge pilons, there were hitting at the bugs. i had this one artificial bait that tore them up. i enjoy it when there is something to do that is fun when you waiting for the cats to bite. unfortunatly NO cats.

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the B.O.C. from Arkansas.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    and heres another welcome from arkansas.What are you calling barfish?white bass

9. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    yellow bass
    i did catch a few white bass too though