New To Hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Big Russ, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Big Russ

Big Russ New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi folks
    Just moved to southwest Missouri from so. calif. and want to get involved with hunting. Never was taught as a kid and dont really know were to begin.
    Want to hunt deer and turkey. Dont know any one here yet. Any advise on getting started? Know of any hunting clubs in Springfield Mo. area?
    Thanks Russ

2. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    welcome to missouri russ, you sure picked a good location if you want to start hunting.i dont know about any clubs in your area but alot of the locals in that area can get you started.

3. Big Russ

Big Russ New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Jeff,
    I`ve been trying to meet people who hunt but I`m surprised at how many don`t or used, to but no longer do. But I`ll keep talkin to folks and am sure i`ll get connected soon.
    Russ

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the "hunt club". If you love the outdoors, you'll love hunting! May I suggest first taking a good hunter safety course, and also a gun safety course. You might meet some people there that will help you get started. I'd also suggest that if you use the hunting shows and magazines to learn from, just keep in mind that they are trying to sell products, and everything they give you in there is not necessarily needed or work in the area you are hunting. Some of the information is usefull, but not all of it. The shows are mainly for entertainment purposes only.

You'll also get alot of information on this forum, as there's alot of years experience in people on here. Just remember to find someone that can not only teach you the safest way to hunt, and the best tricks, but also can pass on the ethics and values we are proud of.

Good luck and enjoy the sport.