New to Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by ARMYCATS, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I recently joined the army and got stationed at Ft. Stewart. Idid very little fishing in the few months i was there before we deployed and now i have only 2 months until we get back. i was wondering where i can find some giant cats.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hi Ben, welcome to the BOC/SOC. Cant help ya with the GA fishin but Im sure someone will be along soon that can probably help you out. We are glad to have you here.

3. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i don`t know the aera but my brother did some fishing on post at some ponds . he cought all kinds of fish .another site i am on there is a crappie fisherman that fished there and clarck hill . he is now in irack .i know jimmmy s on a crappie site he lives up there and has fished the ponds on base

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. The closest place for you to go after a big cat is the Altamaha River. The state record flathead of 83 lbs. came from there and it doesn't look that far from Ft. Stewart. The Jesup area might be a good place to start.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC and welcome back....from Western Kentucky

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    there have been Flatheads taken from the Altamaha that were over 100 lbs,, but they were taken on limb lines,so they don't count.LOL
    the state record came from around Jesup.
    PS,, if your thinking of setting limb lines,,,
    be sure and bring your own trees.LOL:crazy::smile2::big_smile:

7. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    welcome to you from baitshop2

8. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i just wanted to tell everyone everything outa this guys mouth is B S ah hes a good guy any help about the altamaha or savannah rivers is much apprciated

9. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    the altamaha is a great place to start there are alot of flatheads south of hwy 84