new to ga fishing carfish need help

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by spigglejuice, May 4, 2008.

1. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    Where are round FT Stewart area would be good fishing what kind of rig and what bait should I use.:confused2:

2. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    there is some ponds on base i think you can git a pass to git into them to fish . if not you can go with some one in the military there . i have a frind there i met on a crappie site . his name is jimmy stripling . he is retired from the city of savannah . had some health probablems latley but you might find his # in the phone book . idon`t have it i alwayes PM hem on the crappie site . e mail me @ papasage10@yahoo.com i will give you more info .

3. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    I would suggest to download from the Ga. Dept of Natural Resources the Georgia Regs and in that pdf file it will tell you about the lakes. Most any chicken livers, shad, shiners, gold fish would work. For small lakes and ponds you should need any real heavy duty equipment as you would for the Altamaha or others for big flat heads.

I have always heard that Pond # 4 had some good spots in it for Catfish.

Welcome to the BOC....the best site for catfish and hunting information. There are alot of great articles and posts on catching fish and the tackle needed.

I would also get in contact with the Dept of Defense Game and Fish person(s)on Ft. Stewart, I am sure they can lead you in the right direction. The MP Desk should have a number where you can call them.

Wished I could help ya more. Good luck and let us know how you did there when you go.

AJ

4. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    what kinda fishing you lookin to do? are you military? do you have a car/truck, or a boat? send me a pm with more specifics i am stationed on stewart

5. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    Im on ft stewart just looking to catfish, or anykind of fishing, i have a z71 and a boat but my boat came up with a smokin starter. i guess i will be fishing off the bank until i get it fixed

6. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia

well im stationed at stewart i live off post now. but the river that runs through post has some decent fish in it and good channel cats from the bank. as well as the altamaha right down 84 and the chatanooga towards savanah as well as the savannah river

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jeremy,
    Welcome to the BOC. this site is full of good info and great people.

8. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    if it was a mercuray i could have you a god used one there tomorrow . don`t have a a evinrude that large . think i have one for a 50 hp .

9. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    yeah im looking to rebuild it i guess dont wanna buy a new one becasue the price is high

10. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Look on the internet "Fishing on Ft. Stewart" I think is the web site

will tell you about each of the ponds and how to get annual pass

Burns outboard in rincon is a jam up outboard repair service.

regards

Smackover