New to Fredericskburg

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by devildogcollier, Jun 18, 2009.

1. devildogcollier

devildogcollier New Member

State:
    Virginia by way of Alabam
    Hello everyone, i just joined this forum/site today....Also, i recently acquired a house in Fredericskburg (off old plank heading towards catharpin).....Ive heard a little bit about The Rap as far as decent cats go but most are talking about fishing by boat.... I am currently enlisted in the Marine Corps and i dont get paid a whole lot, so I'll be fsihing from the shore,,,,Does anyone know of any decent spots that i can fish from that i can drive/walk to????? and what about the current do i need to know before i get out there.......also Any places near my house for good cats ???? Thanks a ton yall.

Respectfully,
    Semper Fidelis
    Pfc Collier

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank you for your service to our country. Welcome to the BOC.

3. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well first of all welcome to the BOC and a big thank you for what you do serving your country. I was in the Army for over 20 years so I know your sacrfice. Where is Fredricksburg? IF you get any where close just remember you will have a set on my boat.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC and thanks for your service Eric. Semper-fi

5. devildogcollier

State:
    Its in Virginia between Woodbridge and Richmond.........And its my honor to serve you fine folks and My Country !

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    devildogcollier,

First off, like the others, I thank you for your service. I'm retired Air Force, 24 years, 3 months, 10 days. I appreciate your and your family's sacrifices. Where are you stationed? Quantico?

Now to fishing...if you don't mind driving north a little and you are welcome in my boat anytime. I put in at Leesylvania State Park, just south of Woodbridge, just north of Quantico MCB on the mighty Potomac River. Lots of great places to fish.

If you're looking for bank fishing spots in that area, I can help you out there too.

Let me know.

Tight lines.

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Eric, when Chuck makes an offer like that, you better take it. You'll be fishing with a BOC Hall-Of-Famer...you can't beat that!

One thing is for sure, you are smack dab in the middle of some great fishing. The best way for you to find a good fishing spot is to walk outside, lick your finger, hold it up, and see which way the wind is blowing. Then head in that direction with tackle in hand until you reach water. :wink:

8. devildogcollier

State:
    Thank You All For Your Generosity And Help !!!!!!