New to catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by mrowe84, Jun 14, 2008.

1. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hey guys and gals. First off i want to say that i just found this page and really like what i'm seeing. People here seem to have no problem helping out someone new to the sport. I live in Jonesboro and have been bass fishing the area my whole life. Never really have done any catfishing to speak of. Decided i was missing out on a chance at a lot fun so i put me together a couple of catfishing rigs and am ready to give them a workout. Any advice on good catfishing places or what kind of bait and rig to use would be much appreciated. I also was given some old school metal oil can jugs that my grandpa made some 40 years ago, and need a place to put them back in action. Thanks for your time and happy fishing.

Marty

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Marty! Keep your eyes and ears open on here, you never can tell when you might learn somethin new.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marty Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You will fall in love with the brotherhood.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Marty,

Welcome from Bama. Yeah keep on hitting your fellow Arkansas catmen up for tips and advice in your local area or to anyone for a general question and I can guarantee you will be landing some hawgs in no time. And you can lend your knowledge of catching bass to everyone so we will always have bait to go catfishing with!

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Marty,

Were glad you found us and welcome to the BOC hope you enjoy it as much we do and good luck fishing

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    welcome aboard.im not from the jonesbourrough area but if you want to meet for a nite of catfishing im sure we can get a couple of the guys in the little rock area to meet at murray lock and dam for a nites fishing.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A big welcome from the state of Nebraska! Nice to welcome new members to the BOC. Have fun Marty and keep posting. I'm sure all of your questions will be answered to the fullest extent by the great membes of the BOC/SOC!!:big_smile::wink::0a25:

8. LoneStarCatter

LoneStarCatter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Be careful though.
    This website needs some sort of surgeon generals warning about being addictive.
    I am consulting an attorney this week about taking action because the staff knew it was so addictive but didn't warn me.
    Now I can't get enough.

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the best sight on the net marty . I have realy met some real good friends on here and hope to meet some more , anything you want to find out about catfishing is right on here somewhere . If you cant find the answer just ask and someone will post a reply for you . so welcome from grapevine arkansas .................................................................................................................................robert

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Marty:big_smile:

Check out the member Library. You will find so much information in there it'll make your head spin.:eek:oooh:

Also check out the BOC Diner. There are so many great recipes in there to try you'll love it. Just don't blame us for the extra pounds you'll gain.:smile2:

Good luck fishin.

11. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Wecome to the BOC Marty, great to have you on board. It's true this site is the place to be for catfishing and making new freinds. Good luck with the fishing, I'm in south west Arkansas, catfishing every chance I get.:wink:

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Marty.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Marty!!!:big_smile::cool2:

14. historyman82

historyman82 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I live just North of Jonesboro off of 351 and I do a lot of night fishing at Reynolds Lake in Paragould. It's a good place to fish from the bank for good size Channel Cats.

I grew up in Lake City and i know that there are some monster Flatheads in the St. Francis River that can be caught on crawdads or rice slicks.

Jason

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've heard there are lots of good sized flatheads in the lower St. Francis, too, but what I saw there was hundreds and hundreds of gar.

16. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Hey I'm new here, too but NOT new to catfishing or AR! I'm in the LR area.

If, by chance, you get to come down to the AR River, it's great for catfish, as are the oxbow lakes in the eastern part of the state. I use stink bait but I have more luck with Canadian Nightcrawlers.

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people. we look forward to your fishing stories

18. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Welcome Marty, we might all have to get together at a "gathering" and have an "intervention" to:wink: get you off of bass fishing alltogether. LOL
    I used to do bass fishing too, but gave it up for a chance to catch something bigger than I am, and that would be a whopper!!

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Melissa! Are you the Melissa I know?

20. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I don't recognize you from your picture.