New to Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by tntitans21399, Nov 21, 2007.

1. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am new to catfishing, well when I was younger I would do some shore fishing and I would catch small ones from time to time but not on purpose just whatever took my hook. Now I am actually trying to go for certain type of fish. I mainly go to Percy Priest Lake and every now and then Old Hickory Lake. I didn't know if anyone could tell me which parts of the lakes are the best, I don't expect for anyone to give away their golden spots. But on Old Hickory which areas are better near (the Gallatin Steam Plant, Cedar Creek, Drakes Creek, or near the Dam) and on Priest (Dam, Seven Points, Cedar of Lebanon, Fate Sanders, etc...) type of areas.

2. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    not familier with those lakes but these guys are great if theres info. on them your sure to get it ~ Welcome to the B.O.C !

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Chris,
    I cant help you with any info about those lakes but did want to just say welcome to the BOC. Just be patient, there are alot of people on here from your state and im sure they have what your asking for. rspd507

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to catfishing and to the BOC!!!:big_smile:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I see you are familiar to the Gallatin Steamplant. I grew up in Gallatin. I moved to Cadiz Kentucky in 1992. I spent over 20 years fishing on Old Hickory Lake. So it really wouldn't be like giving up any hotspots, since I dont get to fish there much anymore. I've caught over 45 stripers that weighed over 20 pounds. The largest was 47 lbs. caught in 1992. If you are targeting large flatheads, blues or channels,there is no better place than Old Hickory Lake. Especially near the Steamplant. There is a place called the Devils Tea Table. Have you heard of it. Probably not. It is a secret, long ago forgotten. But still capable of producing a world record, in my opinion. If you are interested in learning more, give me a holler.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to a great site.. from dresden ohio...rollo

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live to mins away from old hickory but I haven't had a ton of luck. But I know there is some decent fish in there. If you want to try it out and look for some holes let me know.

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Chris! Make one more post and you can open all of the pic. to see what others in the brotherhood are doing. smokey

10. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Chris.
    Orrin

11. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am hoping sometime this winter I will be able to have picture of a beast like everyone else. And then be able to enjoy catching & eating my own.