New to Catfishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by KWSMITH, Jun 20, 2006.

1. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hello everyone,
    I'm getting ready to retire from the Navy after 22 years of service and now its time to catch up on a lot of lost fishing time, I would be greatful to anyone who could give me some advice on where I could go in the Newport News/Williamsburg area to go catfishing from the shoreline on the James River or York River.
    V/R KW

2. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I can't help you with any fishing info, but I'd like to thank you for your service. My son has just graduated from high school, and he has joined the Navy. He leaves for boot camp in October.

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Can not help you in your location but welcome to the BOC

4. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    welcome to the BOC brother...check out the Va section for information on fishing spots in your area...wished i could offer more help but i'm in southern va...

5. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank you everyone for the info and support.
    CBH, Congratulations on your son's choice of Services he will be able to go a long way if he is willing to work at it. I used to be an instructor at recruit training a few years back so if he has any questions about the Navy or boot camp I will give him straight answers you or he can email me at smithkw1963@verizon.net

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member. Thanks for serving your country.

7. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    To K W Smith
    Thankyou for your service as well. Welcome to this site. Tons of good 411 here. Please tell me your Birthday is Nov 21st, 1963. If so, I'll take you boat fishing from Deep Bottom if you will meet me there in about 3 weeks or so. By then the bite should really be picked up in the evening hours till about midnight or a little later. Bait is plentiful, the spawn is winding down, and I'll take you anyway. Let me know via PM. Later for now---jonnycat

8. (GutMaster)

(GutMaster) New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    Near Williamsburg You have the Chickahominy river,Pamunkey river,Mattaponi river.Then the James river. All good places to fish. Some by boat & some by bank.

9. bigkatsrus

bigkatsrus New Member

State:
    VA
    there's so many great rivers not far from you like gutmaster mentioned