New to catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by ERIC S, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Been fishing bass all my life and getting bored with it. Want to know if there are any good spots near Baton Rouge to catfish. Is Blind river any good?

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Not sure of your area. Someone will be along with an answer for you. Welcome to the BOC.

3. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Thanks. Looking for a new fish to go after and a fried was telling me about useing noodle to jug fish with sounds good and want to give it a try but need some advice.

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome aboard; lots of good info on here, & lots of BS on the Red River thread! I'm not sure about the fishing around Baton Rouge, but I'll put a post on our thread & see if someone can help you out.:wink:

5. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Thank you all the advice is needed don't know much other than how to eat them.:smile2:

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Eric. I grew up catfishing small rivers and also the big Missouri river. Then went into bass fishing. Even fished some tournys. Went back to my roots on catfishing. No better fishing in my opinion. I love it when the pole bends over and keeps going. You dont know if it is a one pounder or a eighty pounder or even bigger. Nothing better in the world. Good luck on finding some catfishing spots in your area.

Tom

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.

8. cwell14

cwell14 New Member

State:
    LA
    Well Eric, one of the best places near Baton Rouge is in Lake Maurepas. You can launch at Fred's on the Amite and the ride is relatively short if you've got the right motor;) You go cross the lake to Manchac Pass. That's the pass between Maurepas and Ponchatrain. It's deep and swift. The bigger the bait, the bigger the fish at this spot.

9. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR
    I never fished that pass, but I know people who swear that they have monster cats in it. Have you ever fished it?