New to cat fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dknutson, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dknutson

dknutson New Member

State:
    Branson, MO
    i am new to catfishing and was wondering if there is any one from the Tri-lakes aera that could shed any advice i am fishing Beaver creek on bull Shoals. good spots, techniques ext. thanks

2. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Drew, welcome to BOC. Here is a map that shows where fish attractors are on the lake. I have fished Bull Shoals in bass tournaments and put in up in Theodosia, Beaver Creek is a ways up there from where I've been. The water was so clear up to around 60 feet in that area everytime I went. I would be sure you can hit the tributaries the flow in around that area and cast to points using perch,sunfish on a 3'-4' leader with a katbobber and let the fish do its thing if the water is cloudy,dirty. If the water is clearer then you would need to cast for distance so as to not spook the fish in that area.

http://mdcgis.mdc.mo.gov/website/bullshoals/viewer.asp

http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/parks/bullshoals/pdf_files/BullShoals.pdf

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I dont fish down there but I am shure some here will hook ya up with when where and how to get on monsters out of that lake.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Drew.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Drew Welcome to the BOC. You live in an area with some fine lakes. Give them all a try.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Drew welcome to the B.O.C. lots of great info an people on here ,check your local state thread on the home page u might find the info u r wanting :cool2::wink:

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Drew. Dont know anything about the area you are asking. Good luck.
    Tom

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad to have ya a member here and wantin' to learn more on the sport. Check member library as well my article in the "outdoor article" section for more http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1590533#post1590533

10. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :0a25:
    Welcome Drew.
    I'm pretty new here too. There is all kinds of great info on this site and a lot of great people too.
    Check or post your question about that area in the Local Missouri thread
    you might hook up with someone there familar with the area you talking about. I've only fished that area a few times and didn't have much luck:smile2: although I've heard there's cats there.
    Good luck and good fishing