New to Buggs/Kerr

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by bigredneck, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bigredneck

bigredneck New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hello Group.

We've been fishing Santee Cooper for years and want to give Buggs Island a try. Looking for any tips on where to stay and where to fish. Searching for big blues and flatheads.

We're a group of up to six. You'll see us out there in April..

We have the maps. Looking for buoy markers, gps locations, website links, anything to get us started.

Thanks

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Welcome to the BOC. You'll find loads of information here. I'm sure someone will be able to give you some tips for the Bugs Island.

3. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    Ed, welcome to the board. Thats a good time to try Buggs. Start @ Clarksville bridge and head toward the mouth of the rivers. Get some good lively bait and get in some flats @ night for feeding time. Thats about the time alot of bigger fish move up river. watch out for stumps and floating logs when getting close to rivers, if your boat isnt aluminum I wouldnt come much past Buffalo unless you know your way. Lots of good structure and flats in that area. good luck

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC from Southwest Missouri.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC, Ed. I know that Buggs and Kerr are popular 'round here...I just haven't been that far south in VA to fish there yet!

6. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    welcome, my son and son-n-law fish buggs quite often we fish close to arrons creek theres a lot of good fish there,my freezer is packed live shad is the best to use there,we use livers w/panty hose works well too..Youll love it there,theres a site online that gives all ya need to know about buggs.I think its kerr lake.com not for sure its in my favoritescant get to it right now,but its full of the info. you need...

7. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    catline,panty hose?are you setting trout lines? If you are you got it right! you look like someone we'ed hang with give us a shout when you'r comeing down and we'll get right!right? 1bigblue:cool2:

8. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm sorry cathooked for the wrong name,I'll get it right

9. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Ed that site to buggs island is;kerrlake.info/fishing/index.htm,it has lake levels everything you need to know..give it a look see...

10. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    ed I'm sorry welome, I just was cought up in the moment .give me a pm when ya'll are comeing to buggs and I'll let you know what's doing what and where. don whats up? you didn't post back.are you anti-social? A fellow buggs man, we can redo that profile with a 40 plus pound fish 1bigblue:cool2:

11. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC Ed. I dont know much about that area sorry.