New to bowhunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by tackleholic, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Last friday I brought a "point blank ltd" compound bow for $25. I do need to get some parts such as sight peep/pins, silencer, arrow rest, loop, arrows, razers & maybe an release. I'll be teaching myself how to shoot my new toy. Is there anyone in So IN or Louisville area who would like to target practice a couple of hours a week till next bow season?

2. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the sport, you'll wonder why you didn't start earlier! I'm not from your area, but I would suggest getting someone to show you the basics, its easier to never learn bad habits than to try and fix them:smile1:

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I might be 51, but I remember Dad having serveral rifles & shotguns that were hanging on a wall gun rack with the ammo in a drawer both toally unlocked. No one had ever gotten shot or hurt & neither did we misused the firearms. I'm not worried about learning any bad habits now.

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    He was talking about bad "shooting" habits. It's very easy to learn something the wrong way and develop bad form...which will result in poor performance. Better find a local mentor or at least an archery range that can show you the basics and properly outfit you and your bow.

Good luck and welcome to the world of bowhunting.

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I understood what he was saying. I was wanting to find someone who had some tips as well. I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.

6. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Exactly! Thanks for clearing that up!