New to BOC...fishing Missouri from kc to lexington...recent divorce...need fishin bud

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by benzolene, Apr 18, 2008.

1. benzolene

benzolene New Member

State:
    missouri
    Just looking for people with some different ideas on bank fishing. I dont have a boat so I am learning the ropes of bank fishing the missouri. Just moved back up here from Branson and had my first Missouri river fish in years. I takled the river yesterday by the riverfront park, fished some old junk on the bank and produced a 6 ld blue on shad sides...was pleasantly happy. Also found a park on up by sears. by that time it was raining really bad so i didnt get to walk down to what looked like a wingdamn and some heavy current. Any ideas?

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I noticed it's your 3rd post welcome to the HOOD!!!:smile2:

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the wonderful BOC when your bank fishing, I would look for some structure in the waters, or you can fish off some sand bars they usually have alot of cats that comes close during the night to feed off smaller fish.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ben.

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana. Someone from your area will have some advice for you soon.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Ben, I'm about an hour from Branson. There are alot of river fishermen here and i'm certain someone will point you in the right direction. Again welcome.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome Aboard Ben!

9. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Welcome Ben, You'll find alot of nice people on here and enough knowledge to sink a battleship. I'm fairly new myself and all these guys have really helped me a bunch. Dont ever be afraid to ask questions about fishin or locations because there is no such thing as a dumb question. I'm still drilling these guys with questions about Truman and the BLUECATS and they just keep giving me answers and good ones at that. Search thru this website with a fine tooth comb and you'll be a much better fisherman for it. Paul

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC :roll_eyes:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well BEN WELCOME to the BOC/SOC.I see your from theKC area.so that puts us about as far apart state wise as we can get.I live by the mississippi on the east side.From Louisiana you can look accross the river and see Il. Too bad your not closer. I do a lot of bank fishing myself.Now if I could just learn to catch some of them:roll_eyes: Just get out there and experment,but stay safe.Just cause your on a bank accidents can still happen.

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. I am new to this site also. I have fished the Mo. river for years. Cought a lot of fish but never any big ones. I Have asked many questions and got a lot of good answers. Mr. T seams to have a lot of knowledge. Just keep asking those questions. We used to fish from the bank a lot. we would get out on the dykes and fish the ends and in some of the back water. Cought mostly Chanel cats.
    Tom

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC from Arkansas

14. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Ben, Welcome to BOC!!!

15. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    welcome to the BOC

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great to hear you got your priorities in line........Now go fishing! I can't help you by bieing a fishing bud, but welcome to the BOC! This site is full of good people and I know you'll have a partner soon.

17. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the BOC

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome Ben to the BOC.
    You will get all the info you need here to catch some cats.

Good Luck fishing in 08!

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile: