New to AZ ?s on best fishin!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by WegsXXI, Jul 9, 2008.

1. WegsXXI

WegsXXI New Member

State:
    Arizona
    hey all im new to Arizona love fishin never done a whole lot of catfishin my self but always go out with my cousins in Arkansas i was there last week and we caught 123 Lbs of catfish over the week not including the 60 lb monster that broke our net and snaped the line! we were pretty pissed so we went got a bigger net and a gaff hook haha!

i was wonderin if anyone could tell me were all the good fishing is here im live in mesa and boat at canyon and squarro alot.... i plan on using jugs and poles... and also are there any regulations here for jugs i read game and fish and didnt see anything...

Thanks i appreciate it!

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[ยบ>

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Levi,

Welcome to the BOC , hope you enjoy it

4. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Welcome to the B.O.C. and AZ!! There is some great bass fishing right where you're boating at Saguaro and Canyon. Roosevelt and Bartlett are also big time favorites, especially for the big cats. Lake Pleasant has a lot of great fishing too, but can be difficult at times to figure out.
    A trip to Lake Powell is something you have to put on the list. It is a bit of a drive, but when you get there you will understand what all the hype is about. Just ask around at the local shops, and definitely check this site to get some of the best info there is as to what is hot, and where.
    Good luck!!

5. WegsXXI

WegsXXI New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks everyone and thats good news to me i will be heading out sat morn to squarro to fish then meet up with my buds and wakeboard then set jugs later and fish all day sunday! cant wait

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    :0a25: TO THE BOC FROM TUCSON!!!! You will find all you need to know on this website.

7. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    There's a lot of great fishing out here for many different species. BUT, you won't get to enjoy much of it if you set those JUGS out. They are illegal to my knowledge. Saguaro's not known for it's Flatheads but there in there. I think most people will tell you if your looking for big flats go to Roosevelt Lake but I'm pretty fond of Bartlett too. Good luck and don't forget to set em free. They'll appreciate it, I will, and our kids will.
    Later
    Micah

8. WegsXXI

WegsXXI New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks ! and yes i agree anything 10 lbs and above we picture and let go ! thats the way i was tought and when i have little ones i will teach them the same... yeah and i found out about JUGS being illegal here with sucks cuz i love it haha but poles are great cant beat the adrenaline of that pole bend from a big fish!

9. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Amen to that. And i think i speak for most, we appreciate those that CPR. Enjoy Arizona and welcome
    Micah

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC and Welcome to AZ!
    ~A

11. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Welcome to Az, good fishing out here. I am kinda in the middle of Saguaro and pleasant. So I fish those places alot. I just recently got into Flathead hunting and its been a slow start but I just bought a boat and got it running so I know it will pick up. Work together.... Eat together lol

12. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome Levi and welcome Charles to the BOC from the left coast.

13. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    :smile2:Welcome to the BOC Charles I mean Cateyes:smile2: