New To Auburn Area and Looking for hot spots!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by iluvnevaeh, Mar 29, 2009.

1. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hey yall just moved back out here to nebraska from new mexico and im looking to get back into catfishing. wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to start or if theres any good places near auburn here. I live just north and west of auburn bout a mile from the cemetery and the little nemaha is right down the road about a half mile and im wondering if the fishing there is any good. I tried the big nemaha where it enters the missouri down by the sac and fox near rulo and caught about a dozen channel in about 3 hours. Im looking for the big trophy fish though, lol. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wecome to the BOC I can't help ya in your area but I know there are people that can !! Stick around you are in the best spot for info !! :cool2::smile2::smile2:

3. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thanks for the welcome, im hoping this is the right spot, im an avid catfisherman and ive got some young kids that i want to enjoy it too. we had small catfish down in new mexico and im looking forward to catching something big!

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Not sure what your definition of big is :smile2: but I do know that they don't get big cuz their stupid !! Time,patience,structure are three keys in my opinion and then when all else fails,be a little more patient around the sructure,and have plent of time to do it !! :smile2::smile2: Good luck !!! (I want one to !!:smile2:)

5. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Welcome to the neighborhood.. I live in neb city along with camochris. I have been hearing of good reports from the big nemaha by humboldt.. You do any fishing on the missouri?

6. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i've tried but only a few times and i dont have a boat so i have to fish from the banks which is hard so far, ive only tried spots near rulo and brownsville. to fast of a current for me. i tried the little nemaha today down the road from my house and didnt get a bite, i was only there for a few hours though. I killed on the big nemaha though a few weeks ago when we had those few warm days. I'd like to fish the missouri if you have any pointers.

7. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Another one I've heard of down by auburn on the lil nemaha was a place called breken bridge. I don't know where it is but if you ask around you might find out more

8. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i'll have to look into that spot, there looks like theres some good structure on the little nemaha down the road from me but i still havent even had a bite, i dont know if its just too shallow or what. im getting a serious urge to do some night fishing and freeze my butt off but i need some place close to here :smile2:

9. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I dont know if your interested in running south of the border into Gods country, but I know pony creek at sabetha has alot of eaters with a few larger channels and Brown state fishing lake east of hiawatha has less eaters but some larger channels. As far as fishing the Mo river goes, I think their are a few conservation areas on the missouri side that have some decent bank fishing. If you want to give Pony Creek or Brown SFL a try let me know and maybe we can meet up.

10. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thank you much, id definately like to try a few of those spots, about 10 years ago i fished leavenworth county lake and douglas state fishing lake and did really well. I've had no luck whatsoever on the river but i guess i need to get out more and try a few more spots. Definately would meet up and do some fishing. Just get at me and let me know when to make plans to get away :cool2:

11. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska

GODS COUNTRY KANSAS ? YOU GOT TO BE SH!++in ME !!! Now that is funny !!! :smile2:

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

:smile2::smile2::smile2: