New To Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cottoneyed joe, Oct 4, 2008.

1. cottoneyed joe

cottoneyed joe New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys I am new to North Carolina and I am looking for some good catfishing spots around the Fayettville area. I don't have a boat so it's only bank fishing for me. Any info would be great thanks.

2. dozer15

dozer15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Rob, Welcome to the BOC its a great place with lots of info. I don't know to much about Fayettnam but I would be interested in knowing some spots there myself. If you ever get up to the Clayton area give me a yell I am a bank fisher myself and would be glad to throw a line with you.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome Rob, you have joined up with a good group. Last time I fished from the bank on the river at Fayetteville was back in 1962-64. Get you a city map and you will see several places depicting the river, just find you a road in that does not have a no trespassing sign.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Rob. You in Mo. or NC?

5. cottoneyed joe

cottoneyed joe New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am in stationed at Fort Bragg but I am originlly from Mo.

6. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you dont mind to drive back west a little ways you can check out Blewitt Falls which has access to some bank fishing and the pee dee river has some monsters in it.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Rob. Thanks for what you do and hury home.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rob Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I like the name you have chosen for your user name.

9. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Rob, welcome to the BOC! A great place to be. I live in the western part of N.C. so I want be much help. Maybe someone will come on and give you some direction to help you.

10. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Welcome to the BOC Rob. I think you can do some bank fishing at The River Walk Park. I'm a few miles North of you. Thanks for your service to our country. I'm an old Vietnam Vet my-self ! Again welcome and THANKS !