New to area - Looking for fishing secrets for the Yadkin river system

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by striper, Mar 13, 2006.

1. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I am new to the Winston Salem area and I am looking for some information about the Yadkin river system and the lakes in the near by area. I was out on Lake Norman on sunday and I caught 1 Blue about 10 pounds and missed 5 others. I really don't know the lake and I think that I got lucky. I am used to fishing for little bullheads and channels in new jersey so this big lake atmosphere is stange. any help and or suggestions would be great..

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    striper sounds like you done better this weekend than we did. i see a couple reports on the yankin thats not good for last weekend and one of them was mine...lol. badin has blues and flatheads when you can find them. tillery has both also. highrock and tuckertown are mainly flathead and channel lakes. highrock can produces some nice flatheads when the water temps come up. badin has a lot of grey cats(bait robbers)1-4lbs that make for some fast action. anyway theres some great fisherman on this site that will help you. welcome to the boc.

3. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thank you for the information. since i am new to the catfish game what is the best way to fish most of these lakes, drift or anchor. my cousin has a boat on lake norman that he said that i can use til i get one of my own. and after catching that blue on sunday i want to go after some more. and any information that could increase my chances is greatly appreciated......

4. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the new information.. hopefully i will get to put it to good use soon. i am in the process of looking for a boat. so for the meantime i am going to try lake norman. my cousin has a boat on the lake that i can use. i am trying for early summer to get a boat. bills come first. but the information you gave me should also work for lake norman.. i just have to fight all the traffic.. i'll post with results shortly... thanks...