New to all of this.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by mhedrick82, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mhedrick82

mhedrick82 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey my name is Matt. Im new to all of this to say the least. I grew up in Pittsylvania County fishing in mostly ponds for bass and occasionally for channel cats. I moved to Richmond about 2 years ago for school and continued to go home on the weekends to get my much needed fishing in. Recently I started to get interested in all of this catfishing hype. I grew up catching 8-12 pound channel cats, so to see most of your pics on here is a dream. I live on the west side of Richmond and work in Mechanicsville. Because I am a student I do not have a boat up here and i'm interested in getting in to the "big cat" world. Im interested in any help as far as where I can fish from the bank, pier, etc. in any nearby river or lake. Im open to any ideas or advice. Also if anyone ever needs a fishing partner then please let me know. Im trying to learn as much as I can....Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Matthew welcome to the BOC ,u came to the rite place to learn ,an it,s full of great people also . Check out the members library for info :wink:.also keep us posted on your progess as u learn

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Matt welcome to the BOC brother..... There is alot of great people on here that can and will help you out....So enjoy this great site and ..Fish On.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Matt, you'll find a great bunch of people on here that are very much into catfish and more than willing to share their knowledge with you. Look forward to hearing some success stories soon. Stay safe and enjoy!!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading of your fishing trips.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    welcome to the BOC matthew, someone in that area will definately help you.

7. devildogcollier

devildogcollier New Member

State:
    Virginia by way of Alabam
    Welcome, I think youll love the new world of catfishing, ive been doing it since i was about 5 or 6

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome Bro,, Just when you think you've learned alot , you'll read another post and say man I didn't know that!!:smile2::wink:

9. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    welcome to the BOC matthew. i live in pittsylvania county close to chatham. the fish bite is slow right now...except for the 102.5 lber just caught...pm me and maybe we can hook up sometime. i am still trying to figure them out and having a blast doing it. lots of helpful fishermen on this sight so just ask and roam through here regular and in no time you will be on the right track.