New to Alabama

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by Joe4BigCats, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    Hello BOC in Alabama... I'm Joe... I just moved here a couple weeks back, from Kansas.. Now when I was in Kansas.. I did alot of fishing with the BOC guy and gals there... I wanna get some big cats here and was wondering where all the great action is... I live here in Wicksburg and there are alot of rivers and a few ponds... There is no kind of Bait store around that I can find... I need help....lol.. I'll be checking back when I can.. I don't have the net, yet... So, I just jump on when I can... Thanks alot and I hope to meet all of you sometime....

2. dparsons21

dparsons21 New Member

State:
    Bessemer, Alaba
    Welcome to Alabama, I live just south and west of Birmingham in a little town called Hueytown. I Mostly fish the Warrior but get to go out to Guntersville and Pickwick every now and then. One thing about Alabama, catfishing comes almost last in the majority of fisherman. Catfisherman seem to get more common the farther north in the state, around Guntersville, Pickwick, Wheeler. Bass and Crappie make up the majority here as well as other states obviously. When I go Skipjack fishing for bait at bankhead lately, I have to fight off or squeeze between the crappie fisherman.
    I hope your transition goes well, and if there is anything I can help you with, just give me a holler. If you can make it up this way sometime, I will show you the Warrior.

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
  4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'm about 15 miles north of Montgomery. Welcome back to the South...

5. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Hey Brother I live around Phenix City on the Al.Ga. border and fish the Chattahoochee river where is Wicksburg located.

6. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    Wicksburg is about 20 miles west of Dothan... if that helps ya.... I was also wondering what the big catfish bait is out here... I always used my cast net in Kansas and caught shad... Any suggestions..???

7. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I use shad, bream and skipjack with skipjack being #1 for me.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to Alabama! We got a lot of great catfishermen in the area. Eddie is full of good info................if you can just squeeze it out of him:fingers-crossed:

Chattahoochee is great and I have "heard" that the area around the Columbia dam is awesome. If you want to tournament fish the hooch let us know we got a good thing going up here

9. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    When would you start those tournament's.....???? I would like to get into that...!

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Look under the the tounament section of the forum, under chatahoochee hilljack section. They have quite a few scheduled coming up.

11. lewis cobb

lewis cobb New Member

State:
    AL
    welcome From Muscle Shoals

12. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Welcome from Pinson, Al. 25 mi. North of Bham

13. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member