New Thread for you..Dameon this Bud (Story) is................

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jul 5, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    New Thread:

Dameon, this Bud,(Story) is for you. (Remind ya of another story I wrote for ya?)

To whomever opens this post. This is a compilation of pictures of a story I wrote a long time ago and in a place far away in the archives of this forum. Never thought I would hear of it again. And lo and behold a member (Brother) of this forum sent me a wonderful e-mail telling me how he uses that story to get away from his daily grind and responsibility when needed. His daily grind is kinda tricky. He protects us with his life, one of the few anymore who do that. I like him as an acquaintance. Can't call him a friend, very few I have ever called friend.

Have never met him, probably won't. That's A OK by me. We are not the same skin color, not from equal parts of the world. But we are equal in the (Eagles) eye. Me a back country Iowan, him an urban Cowboy. I like the man, really do. I can tell by how he writes and interacts with this forum and his job and what he stands for. So....... these pictures and commentary are for him, you guys can follow along if you so wish. if not go fishing.

Let me kick up a few pictures, 3 of them , without commentary, then I 'll come back when I can and tell you what they are and what they mean, esp to the lad who sent me that nice e-mail. Got another "Brother" coming to I-O-way tomorrow to visit me. Don't know how that will turn out. We both may wind up in what those pictures represent. You know those guys from Missoura.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sent you a PM. Thanks brother...I really appreciate it!

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dameon, that first picture is taken on the dam of a pond in front of our house. Actually it is the road to our house. Ignore the duckweed in the pond and look across to that copse of black walnut trees. There were once 4 of them there, but one got blasted twice by lightening. Saw it happen both times. Blew bark and tree 50 feet each time. Replanted an Autumn Purple Ash there instead. Pretty in the fall.

Nice quiet place, secluded yet not. Seems to always have a breeze blow through it. Kinda like a park with no people around. A good place to sit and rest or be buried.

Ya see in the shade of that copse is a cemetery. Not a cemetery for humans, but a cemetery for some of the best friends my wife and I have had. Currently there are 7 friends there. Four dogs, 2 cats, and a banty rooster named Cocky. That banty rooster was in fact Cock of the Walk. He had a harem of hens and was the proudest rooster I have ever seen. It is turning light just now as I type this here in my part of Iowa and the roosters we now have are crowing at daybreak. Reminds me of that rooster, my alarm clock many a day.

I won't go into detail about those friends buried there. I have some stories of them elsewhere in this forum. Spanky, our Great Dane, hog killer extraordinaire. Jamie, Nancy's super buddy and essentially her "son". Helen, my beloved Helen. A dog who taught me more about life and living than any book or preacher. Fat Cat, Rock, Sundance.

The other pictures are just some scenes of the area. The last one is a closer up of the granite rocks and lime rocks we use for headstones. That dog in the picture is Butch. He is walking very near his brothers grave. Won't be long he will be there either. 'Ol Boy has his problems.

So much I could tell ya. But I think you get the picture. Goofy some of you might think. OK think that. Dameon, you know why you wrote me what you did. And you are right Lad. That place is exactly what your thoughts of it was. Keep thinking those thoughts or come here in your mind when things get tough in your life. There is a bench for you to park your bod and just think.

John.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    he daemon, sorry to here about your loss. i know that losing a good dog is pretty hard on a man. hopefully things will start looking up. let everyone back there know we are thinking about them. when i get back we will have to go out and catch some kitties.