New thread for lakes in Ar

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Pastor E, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    we haven't had any action on lakes in a while so heres one what is your favrite Lake in Ar Des Ark is my favrite small lake :0a23:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I don't have any favorites just like to fish them all when I can but usually just fish what's closest to me which is either Calion lake or White Oak lake.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have 2 both are fished for flatheads. hinkle lake out of waldron.
    ouachita lake out of mt.ida.

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Ouachita and Degray for me!!!! Also like to fish Lake Catherine. There are a lot of others that i aim to get on next year and fish that i have never fished before!

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, whenever possible, I stick to fishing where there's a decent current. I just seem to have much better luck than fishing still lake waters.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea I plan to try several new :0a23:lakes and rivers this year my self

7. Tim G

Tim G New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    quachita is a great lake i have a uncle that lives in bradymnt and my mother live near carpenter dam on lake cathrine iv fished both of them never had much luck with the cats just a few dinks we have caught some real nice stipers & hybreds i was wondering if any of you guys know any of the local guides on quachita lake ,iv herd there is 100lbs blues

8. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    My favorite lake to fish is Chicot. I also plan on fishing a lot more at Grand lake in Eudora.

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well i got to put my 2 cents in . in my opinion give me lake nimrod over all other lakes in arkansas. It sits in the middle of the mountains has fantastic bass ,croppie and
    CATFISHING ! if you dont want to fish the lake you can run down the fourche lafave river for some real good croppie , bass , and CATFISHING !it also has some real nice parks and campgrounds and is never overpopulated. thats my 2 cents :tounge_out:

10. kwink

kwink New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Im kinda partial to bull shoals but I grew up fishing bull. and its a great walleye lake

11. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I would have to agree with Jerry. Whenever possible I like the river and my closest spot is Dardanelle, where I have had the most fun and caught the biggest fish.

12. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    my favorite would have to be dam 2 on ark river, my next would be mississippi river, and third would be chicot

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Daddy lives south of Des Arc, i was raised there. That use to be a channel cat hole when it was built years ago. I'm in the edge of Mo. now but fished all over ark. Beaver is a nice lake after you learn it. Intimidating at first for a river rat because it's so deep and clear. caught some nice blues and flatheads out of it though.

14. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Though I like Bull shoals cause of variety and mileage. I guess the arkansas river from Ormond to Dardanelle would pretty much be my favorite cat hole. Also known as Winthrop Rockefeller Lake. Need some fresh skippie action soon!:smile2:

15. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We will be moving to Little Rock area very soon (by mid March) and would like to know where some good fishing lkes are around that area for No.1 catfish, No.2 Crappie, No, 3 any thing that bites. I have never never fished the Ar river and Im looking forward to it. theres a dam off hwy 368 i think but dont know the no. or name thats where we will be the area we are locating at. about 15 mile from there and it looks like a good fishing area. does any one know about that area and what,lock and dam that is... thanks

16. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    Lake Conway is known as a great crappie lake.

My Father in Law fishes the AR river at England, just east of LR. He catches a ton of blues above and below the dam.

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Lake Conway is a good flathead lake, too. While I've never had much luck below Murray L&D, on up the river toward Conway, there's some excellent fishing.
    Give me a holler when you get down here.

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Cat fish I would say Lake Conway Crappie Conway Walleye Geers Ferry Best all round Ar River Loads of small lakes What part are you moving to Great fishing here

19. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Im moving around the baseline rd, and hwy 367,between 1-30 and 530 and it looks like if i take hwy 368 east it will take me to the lock and dam which is only about 20 miles. and if i jump on the 1-40 back to conway I can fish that lake..Im looking forward to making this move... Lookout fishies here i come....will get in touch witih you ppl when i get settled in about mid march or april. thanks for all the locations of these lakes. I have googlemaped all them and they are very close....

20. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Has any one fished the lake called Frerguson lake in Little Rock, Im moving there very soon and saw it on the googlemap. it is real close to where im moving too. from the googlemap there are small lakes all over the Little Rock area. are they good places to catch a few.... thanks:cool2::eek:oooh: