New tactic?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by CBH, Jul 16, 2006.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    How many of you fish right next to your live bait bucket? Recently, I've noticed fish messing around my minnow bucket full of bluegills that I have in the water while bank fishing. Twice, so far, I've pitched a bait within a couple feet of the bucket and I've caught a small flathed!
    A couple nights ago, after scaring a fish away from the bait bucket, I reeled in a line, tossed it beside the bait bucket, and a flathead hit as soon as it hit the water! It was only about 2 ft. long, but it was the only one that I caught that night!

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds feasible, the bait in the bucket is "distressed" and giving off a signal that the predator fish pick up on.

Aaron

TA2D

3. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i would keep on doing that.it makes alot of sense that the destresed fish are callin the flat heads in.

btw,how far from the bank is ur bait bucket?

4. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    The bait bucket was only about 3 feet from the waters edge, in less than 2 feet of water!

5. Catfishhunter2U

Catfishhunter2U New Member

State:
    mo.
    maybe move it a little deeper could draw in bigger

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah I pack my minnow bucket with bullheads, sometimes up to 16 of em. It turns into alittle mosh pit in the bait bucket and I think it can be a bit of an attractant. I have seen gar swim around the bucket but havent noticed any flats by it yet.