new surgically sharp hooks

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rasmotherman, Aug 22, 2009.

1. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man.. that hook point "barb" looks like it would just cut straight through the fishs' mouth.:crazy:

3. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i think the barb looks a bit on the small side. i want to know when they are going to make circle hooks

4. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
  5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i dont know. as many times as i stick myself with the crappy hooks i use, these things would have me looking like a punk rocker. it looks like the needles the docs use. im too un coordinated for something like that:wink:

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    American made, awesome website, but no hooks to fit our array of fishing.
    I'll definitely give them a try if they make some large hooks, maybe some good kahles. Everyone on the BoC should send customer feedback complaining about them have no circle hooks, kahles, or big J Hooks. :smile2:

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Me too bro, I wouldn't touch em.:confused2:

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i thought about it. we dont have anything like that. they have octopus hooks but only up to 1/0. they need some cat hooks.

9. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    if ya want sharp hooks get some sickles from wild wolf. I dont think there can possibly be any sharper hooks out there:cool2:

10. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    looks pretty sharp.....sharp enough to impale your finger:crazy:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Mike I'm with you, if they get sharper then Matzuo there way to sharp for me to pick up.:angry: Fingers are sore from tying up 50 2 hook rigs now.Man they have you stick before you know it.
    But these other hooks look good for bait hooks.:eek:oooh:
    Pete

12. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i dont think i could see mysely using any of those hooks,maybe the swim bait one but for the cost i most likely wouldnt bother with them

13. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    The only thing that's new about that hook point is that a company is actually putting it on a production hook. Saltwater fisherman have used files/stones to sharpen a hook point like that for decades. I'd save money and get a chemically/lazer sharpened hook like Gama, Matzuo, EC Lazer Sharp, etc, (that you don't have to sharpen), or buy bulk hooks and get a good hook file and sharpen them to that kind of point. Use the winter to sharpen a bunch of hooks. Good way to pass the time when you're not fishing, just like pre-tieing rigs.:wink:

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Can you spell expensive. Nice hooks but not exactly the type I use. I'm sure they'll work great tho.

15. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    They look alot like Owner's cutting point hooks. If they're even close to as sharp as those they'd be worth the price. Now if they'd just come up with something us catmen could use it would be nice.

16. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    they look like they would be good for bass fishing. they are a little bit to thin for me as far as a cat hook would go.

17. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    hopefully a cat hook is coming down the line. as tough as a cats jaw is we need a sharp hook more than the bass guys do. i dont know that they could make a circle hook with that edge on it but a khale would be nice

18. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i saw a display of these at dicks, they were selling them INDIVIDUALLY i know when i buy some hooks i sure don't want just one hook. these are for bass fisherman, nothing against bass fisherman, i like catching them also, but we as catfisherman have different needs than they do

19. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i shot trokar an e-mail saying that very thing

20. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What's their e-mail? If they get more and more feedback, I'm sure they'll definitely start considering larger sized hooks.