New sub forum

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Mark J, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We finally have a place to talk about alternative methods used to catch catfish.
    Noodlers, juggers, limbliners, etc.
    You have a home.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I love these types of fishing! Thanks so much!:tounge_out:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i love these types of fishing thank you for the info ive always been to scared to noodles scared id grab ahold of something, and wouldnt have no figers left time i pulled it out

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    This is nice hopefully the rod and reel only guys will understand.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i aint mad this section is here. i AM wondering though, aftre seeing the thread for jugs is the thread for the noodlers gonna be " Wet Your Noodle " or "Dip Your Noodle " ?? :wink::smile2:

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thank you for this post i think its great and for those people that love the sport of set lining mega cat crew has a video out and set line supplies for sale also

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    How bout I gonna beat you with a wet noodle for even thinking that! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

J/k, I hope ya'll can see that I do have a sense of humor and hope my posts are taken in the jovial spirit in which they are written :tounge_out:

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I prefer rod and reel but I have tried limblines and it was fun too. Also would like to give jugging a try sometime. There is nothing wrong with any of these methods as long as they are done responsibly and within the regs. :big_smile:

9. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Yeah, love those trotlines. Bushhooks, too.

10. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    glad to have a area to talk about limb lines to prospect for big cats. its a good way to find areas to fish later on.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    OUR HOME IS STILL BEING INVADED LOL. SEGRAGATION AINT WORKING,LOL. THEY CANT RESIST THE GRIPE OF SOMEONE ELSE DOING IT DIFFERENT THAN THEM,LOL.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    NOPE ALREADY IN THE GRABBING SECTION VOICING THERE DISGUST. WELL I VOICED MINE BACK. ITS A BUNCH OF BUSHHOOK!:angry:

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Personally as long is legal, buying his tackle and not stealin fuel from my truck, they can fish anyway they see fit. If i wanna trotline, i'll set one, PERIOD. Those that don't agree can disagree, but i'll fish however i choose as long as it's legal.:cool2:

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    let me apologize about the earlier posts. seems the post was made before the thread was moved into this area. my mistake. see i aint that bad of a fella.:embarassed:

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Been doing this for a long time.
    The way my life is structured and how I have things prioritized every minute on the water is valuable.

Found some nice places to fish by setting a limbline while I went downriver to fish another place.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Let me explain a little bit about this section. Obviously I didnt go into enough detail in my first post.

Historically the BOC has created a place for everyone to fit and places for interests.
    We have a religious forum, a political debate forum, a cooking forum, a realestate forum, a 2 way radio forum, and even a story telling forum.
    Take a look at our forum heading page. That has grown 10 fold over the years because the staff saw an interest or a need in a particular area. Often times it was a member requesting a new forum.

Historically we have had to moderate threads by pulling posts or entire threads when a thread bounced back and forth from rod and reel to noodling or jugging, etc. We've lost some good posts on both sides of the coin because of it.

Historically the BOC has never been all about one method of fishing or prefering one method over another. It's still that way.

We even have sponsors on this board that sell product for the alternative
    methods. We are supportive of those sponsors and the members that use their products as well.

Historically a big part of the staff function has been keeping the board in a user friendly order. We keep all of the boat engine repair threads in Bubba's outboard repair.

We keep the bait threads in the catfish bait section.
    We keep the crappie fishing threads in the Crappie section.
    It is alot of work to keep this order. There are 10 staff members and we still miss some. Once in awhile I come across a thread that is a year old or more that is in the wrong section. Oops.
    We are approaching 20,000 members. We have well over a thousand posts a day.

Historically many BOC members have used, do use and enjoy using some of these alternative methods to catching catfish. Some members fish with rod and reel and may run a bush hook once in a while or a trotline when they camp out.
    I know I'm one of those people. I grew up fishing with a rod and reel but it was always a given that when we camped out we ran a trotline while we rod and reel fished . That was part of the fun. Going out and checking the trotline in a little jon boat in the middle of the night.

If you use alternative methods and want to share your tactics or your successes and even failures you now know where to go to start your thread. There isn't any confusion.
    If you dont use these methods you know where not to post a rod and reel thread. You dont have to view the contents of this section no more then you have to view Shawn Dostie talking about realestate or Big George talking about football. We have members who tournament fish and those who dont.
    We have created a froum for members who tournament fish to discuss tournament fishing.

The BOC is a community of people that fish and a few who dont fish and some that used to fish but are no longer able to get out and fish.
    The staff has strived to make everyone feel at home through diversity.
    We've got a little bit for everyone here. Thats why the BOC is so addictive.
    Thats why the BOC has developed life long friendships between members and numerous successful gatherings every year. The BOC has brought people together through the community that otherwise would have never met.

This section is advantagious to the rod and reel fishermen, the alternative method fishermen, and the staff.
    We banged the wrinkle out of the fender and smeared some bondo on it.
    It's up to the membership to sand the final contour, prime, and paint it.
    Is this the last tweak that will made to the BOC? I think we all know that answer because our rate of growth dictates some changes in appearences and attitude on everyone's part from time to time and we've all done so without prompting. This elevator keeps going up.