New stuff for the "09" catfish season

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kenlaw76, Mar 15, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Let's see some of the goodies everyone got over the winter to get you ready for the new season. Here is a cart I made up that will carry my bait bucket and fishing bag for me. I made it out of a golf bag cart, 5 gal. bucket, a few screws and some pvc. It works pretty good. I cant wait to take it fishing.

Attached Files:

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is a bait tank I made up for my truck or to take out on a john boat. It will hold about 20 gal of water. I am using a 12 volt bat. for the pump so I can take it pretty much anywhere.

Attached Files:

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    taht bait tank looks coolwhat did you make it out of:wink:

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is a bait cage I made up. Last year I bought one from Bass Pro and I had some suckers in it and I went back the next day for my bait and there was a big hole in the side. My guess is a snapper found an easy meal. This one is pretty stout. I double layered the bottom for weight and strenth.

Attached Files:

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I made it out of a cooler and a mr. bubbles pump

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is my last addition to the collection of goods I whipped up for this season. I still have to hook up a filter and a pump, but that shouldn't take to long. Now I am just using a nebulizer for an airsource and 2 big air bars. I just don't keep my bait in there for more than a couple of weeks till I get my filter hooked up. The way it is now, I can put it in the back of my truck if I wanted and hook the airator up to my truck and transfer alot of bait.

Attached Files:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Bunch of good ideas guy reps to ya

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Let's hope the golf cart can take about 40lbs of pressure.

Make sure it's sturdy enough, it would be a tragedy if you got a spill:wink:.

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I have already had 2 full 5 gal. buckets on it. It still works good. I am going to use it mostly for my bait wrangleing and when I fish places where there are jogging paths or bike paths. I will have my cooler with pump in the back of my truck. If I am fishing all night at a spot I would throw my cooler into my kids wagon and use that to carry my gear. I used it a few times last year when I had 2 buckets to carry. It works great for Lenny's spot :smile2::wink::smile2: The night I took my kids wagon down there, my dad (from out of town) and I caught 5 Flats over #25. I had alot of big baits and they would have died in 1 bucket, and it is .8 mile walk to the spot (according to my handheld Gps). That trip was what got me thinking of another way of doing it. Now that it is easier to walk to my spots, I can venture a little farther cause my arms won't be sore.:wink:

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    wow looks like your ready thats for sure,some great ideas you got there.

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that golf bag cart looks great, thanks, i can sit right on that 5 gal bucket while you wheel me down to that great spot:smile2:

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    oh man what a sight that would be. LOL!!!

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Dude, if we just get one of them there 4-wheelers all of our problems will be solved.:cool2:

14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Polaris 4 wheel drive with reverse is all ya need even has baskets to tie down all your bait buckets and other gear,perfect great idea Tan