New State Record - Record Trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Apr 9, 2009.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats a biggin

3. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah it figures...I've been fishing for trout there real hard for the last 15 years and and I've caught 11 fish over 5 pounds in that span.And some dude who's never fished there in his life walks up and catches a 9 pounder. It ain't fair.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Yeah, it's not fair. At least with catfishing it has to be somebody prepared for it with heavy gear. It's not like some newbie could catch a state record flathead on a crappie pole or something.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    :smile2::smile2:

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    :smile2::smile2::roll_eyes:

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    :smile2::smile2::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink::cool2::smile2:

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Classic Gary , Classic. Im surprised ole Ken Paulie's infamous crappie rod isnt bronzed and hanging up on the wall at Cabelas. :smile2:

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That was good Gary.:smile2:
    I sure hope that is broken one of these days. It seems impossible but I am sure there are still some left. I just wish I knew where they were.:sad2:

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah it's not like big flatheads fight hard or anything...how would I know. I hear old Ken runs setlines....was it really caught on a Zebco 33.Maybe it was floating on the top almost dead or something.It's not like it's a world record oh wait a minute it is.

12. cowboyrick

cowboyrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey keith thats a nice tip. Hope to see you this summer.

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Rick are you back at Milford?

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I hope to be there Rick, not sure yet. Ill be at the mini in a couple of weeks, Im sure Ill see you then. :cool2:

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Its interesting that the guy couldn't find a place to weigh the fish and then couldnt get a biologist to come for a couple days. It really makes it hard to return trophy fish back into the water.

16. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    These trout are stocked to eat and that is why it cost so much for a trout stamp.

When they get these big boys from there hatcheries these are spawned out females and they send a few with evey load.

I have heard that SMP might be deep enough to support trout year round but Heritige here in Olathe is not.

I talked to one of the Kdwp guys while I was fishing at SMP one year he came down again after the guy next to us fishing caught a 6lb Golden Rainbow trout.

That has to be one of the prettiest trout's I think I ever seen.

However I do see a problem with tryin to locate a Game Warden or whatever there called to get a fish weighted an what not to be a record.

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The KDWP needs to set up some kind of phone # with a 24 on call warden that can come flying out with a certified scale and the appropriate paper work so that these big trophies have a chance to live after the warden has done his thing. :cool2: