New State Record Largemouth Bass

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by millertimemarine, May 6, 2008.

1. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
  2. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's sure is a pretty fish!

3. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Once in a lifetime fish!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Burger King will be after that boy for stealing the name WHOPPER. Thanks for sharing. That boy is hooked for life.:smile2:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice big bass wow !!!

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy:
    Well - I think that young man has a story to tell his friends, his wife & his kids & Grand kids, for a very long time to come. Its not everyday you do something like that.

:worship: "I take of my hat off to the young man Because - there are a lot of "So Call Pros :0a14:" out there - that have $40,000 Bass boats - and they will "Never" do that.
    :wink:

7. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    thats a fish for the story books good stuff man:crazy:

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jake, thanks for the picture. He's for sure a lifetime fisherman now, matter of fact, the state should award him a lifetime fishing license, if he doesn't already have one.

9. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Yeah that would be neat if they gave him a lifetime fishing license as a reward.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thats a great story, thanks for posting the link Jake! :cool2:

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    My relatives own around 10,000 acres in north central Ks. when the tax abatement ran out on one of their watershed ponds they invited the state to come in with the F I S H program to lease the fishing rights to the public. The state came in to shock the pond to check out the fish population in this 25 acre pond. My uncle went with them out of curiosity. They found an excellent population of 5-10 lb channel cats which we already knew about cuz we have cast n' blast there ...{combination dove hunt,catfishin and pig roast}.They also shocked up a 12.5 lb bass which they released unharmed. The funny thing is that we have fished this pond a couple of times a year and never caught a bass over 3 lbs. It's full of 12-15" bass. The local fishing club offered them 3 times as much money lease per acre the next year. They took it with the stipulation that we could still fish it. No one to my knowledge has caught anything much over 3-4 lbs. The fish must have died of old age by now. We tried real hard to catch her after they first shocked it.

12. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Wow Eric. If i new there was a 12.5 pound bass in a pond I wouldn't be able to leave the edge of it until i caught it. I would eat drink and sleep next to that pond haha.

13. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Wow, what a catch.