New stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by stinkbaitman, Sep 20, 2007.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    I got a new ladder stand to use from my hunting guide neighbor and we went in to one of the shelterbelts im gonna be hunting in.right when we got in we could see sighns of deer allover the place and jumped two doe right off the bat. took us forever to get the stand up due to branches but we got it figured out. Our season starts on saturday and i cant wait:big_smile:

2. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    great cody, good luck ,let us know how you do.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The best sign of all is a live deer. Go get um. Good luck!

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like ya found a good spot, Cody. Be sure and give us the low down after you git that bigun.

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    go get em man. a week from monday is opening day for archery here in indiana. im pumped:big_smile: and if you didnt already do this, next stand you buy, put a few coats of spray paint on it. i put 3 or 4 most the time and just leave it up long enough for the scent to be gone (apox. 1-1 1/2 months). its not for camo but it makes your stand last alot longer. we put 2 new ones out last year, one without paint and the other with i believe 4 coats, the one without paint had rust on it from the top rail to the ground, and the painted one didnt have any rust at all. trust me, it will improve your stand life alot.

6. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    hey jay i think my stand is powdercoated so it wont rust but thanx anyway

7. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yep, you should be good then. its the ones that dont have any coat on them that need something to keep rust off. good luck this year man

8. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Good luck to everyone hunt safe and i hope you all fill your tags