new spot

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by rush_60, Jul 6, 2009.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Hey I havent caught fish in a while and I finally caught some today so I thought I would post. Went to a new spot and I think it has some promise. Might hold some bigger flatheads but all I caught was a 1# flat, a tiny flat not even the size of my hand, and a carp. Took a pic of the carp and turned it loose. I took the 1# home for lunch and I'm getting ready to cook her up. She was full of eggs, so she really isnt that big. I will probably get about 2 bites of meat.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Hope you arent hungry.:smile2::wink:
    Glad ya got on some fish Casey. But why the pic of the carp.:embarassed::smile2:
    I think the spot looks like a great place to put a live greeny in at night.:wink::cool2:

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    The carp was the only thing I caught that was big enough to see in a pic:smile2:

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Found somewhere new, that's always a good thing. So where's this new spot at Casey? :wink:

We still need to get together sometime...nothing seems to be biting now though :sad2:

5. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I'm not going to blab about the new spot for all the lurkers to see, but your welcome to come fish it with me sometime. Its less than 15 minutes from my house. So it wouldnt be too far from you, justin. PM me and I'll get you the land owners number, so you can get permission too, and we can set up a time to go some night.

6. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Catching any fish is better than no fish at all Congrats Casey

7. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 New Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Congrats on the new spot Casey. The wife and I went and tried the Atchison State Fishing lake sunday afternoon, got a bunch of bites on liver but it was old liver so I think they were just stripping it off. Seen some nice channel taken at Mission Lake in Horton on the fourth at the fishing derby for kids but that is a whole other story. Needless to say I didnt like the F bomb being dropped every minute by the scumbags besides me and a guess when I would stare at the guy he didnt take the hint. My wife said she was just thankful that she wasnt there because if I would of had someone there to watch the little ones I would of walked over there and told him what I thought I cant stand that.... If you want to cuss in front of your kids I guess I cant say much but not in front of mine. Needless to say we didnt stay to long...What do they say you cant fix stupid. lol

8. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    It wasnt that long ago that some words were reserved for when you were really mad or like when you hit your thumb with a hammer. But anymore they are becoming part of everyday conversation. Just the way the worlds going I guess.

9. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Went out in search of some new but old fishing haunts of mine to see what kind of shape they were in these days, most seemed to look about the same all in all and there are less signs of tons of fisherman so hopefully they arent "fished out". I'm gonna give them a shot this weekend after we get the clutch put in my cousins car and I run my bait traps.