NEW SPOT ,BIGGEST CATFISH IN 4 YEARS

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by twisted, May 30, 2009.

1. twisted

twisted New Member

found a new spot (see pics) and it started off slow but by nights end my friend caught a 8 1/2 lb channel(see pic). we were averaging 3-4lb fish all night. i think we caught 32lbs all together.

new spot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 1/2lb channel - the last fish of this size was 4 or so years ago and that was 7lbs.

[​IMG]

2. 3D Hunter

3D Hunter New Member

State:
    Central,PA
    Looks like you found yourself a nice spot, thanks for sharing your pics

3. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    That looks like a good spot, nice pics

4. JoshCHL

JoshCHL New Member

State:
    California
  5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  6. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i fish a spot exactly like the first pic, two old bridge pilings and a feeder creek...

7. twisted

twisted New Member

thanks guys, im glad you like the pics.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thats a nice looking spot . There should be a few nice ones around them old bridge pillers .

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Boy I'd be all over them bridge pillars with a 5-6" gill or 1/2lb sucker or 6-8" bullhead..I know Mr Flasthead is just resting his head by one of those:big_smile::big_smile:

Sweet Looking area,,congradulations on the spot and the fish... Keep them coming.:cool2:

10. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Twisted, I have certainly heard of guys not wanting to share a new honey hole but you not even telling us the state they were caught, :smile2: Thanks for the pictures.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looking good. Nice fish. Keep us posted on this Honey Hole.

12. YoMoma

YoMoma New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice job.
    Caught my biggest catfish just last week. Didnt have a scale on me, but I`d say it was 7 to 8 lbs. It`s the cat in my avitar.
    I fish for panfish for the most part, so my biggest cat isnt as large as most that I see in these forums.

13. twisted

twisted New Member

hey guys, the cat was caught by my friend and he was is in the pic. ive only caught a 4lber and smaller out of the new spot.

we went the other night and it was slow.real slow. the river was real muddy,im not sure why or if that had anything to do with the fish not biting.i tried all sorts of bait and had some hits but just one catch for myself.

we caught one 3lber, and two four lbers.

the spot is in central new york on the Seneca river . :cool2:

14. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great looking spot and very nice channel cat!!

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

16. homebuilt

homebuilt New Member

State:
    NY
    i knew i'd seen those pillars before, fish around them before. there's alot of cats in that river. i went down there when it was all muddy to and could barely get a hit, the few that did were lucky to way a pound.

17. twisted

twisted New Member

well this honey hole keeps producing.well not for me but my friend....he caught an 11 1/2 pounder the other night. ill get pics up soon.(only fish that night too)

i fished about a 1/4 mile up river on the other side the day before that and caught 10 cats in 4 hours. biggest was about 3-4 lbs. this stretch of river is nice. i have pics of the largest fish from that night as well but it is dwarfed by the 11 pounder.

18. twisted

twisted New Member

heres the 11 1/2 pounder...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. homebuilt

homebuilt New Member

State:
    NY
    i paddled through there yesterday about 6:30 am, but i didn't drop a line in:wink:. i was having to much fun snagging the carp just down the river. they were spawning i guess. all i know is that the water was boiling with them and that 3' plus size carp can quite easily tow my kayak up the river:eek:oooh:

20. twisted

twisted New Member

did you and another guy pass two people fishing off the bank by the piers and say "thats where i caught my largest cat"?

two guys passed there the other day in a kayak.