New species

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by catseeman, Jun 8, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    In my avatar I am holding a new species that i caught at the spring gathering on the white river here in Indianapolis. I call it a "a tiregator".
    I HOOKED AND PLAYED THIS BEAST FOR 3 MINUTES AS WITNESSED BY MY BOC BROTHERS. I didnot weigh it but it was a heavyweight catch. I estimate 15lbs of pure steelbelted dead weight. In swift current it fought like a hog. The true turn hook placement was exactly right (center of head(front)) It :haha: :0a26: wiggled it porpiosed it felt real. Brushy Bill yelled outloud "Fish On " and the brothers came a running with nets in hand. As the monster crossed the sand bar in the dim light everyone gasp WHAT THE HE.. iS THAT! I said " a Indiana tiregator very rare in these parts" but still a good example of junk fishing.:0a26:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    LOL nice one.. Should have called Bass Pro and checked if they wanted it for their aquarium!!

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Ahhhh... I was wondering what species of cat that was.

Looks like your off to a GoodYear. LOL
    :lol:

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    LMAO...Now that is funny

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I sure hope you released it so some other lucky fisherman might have a chance to catch it again! That's quite a bit bigger than the condom I saw my boss catch earlier this year! lol!

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those things happen when you forget to unlatch your boat from the trailer..:lol:

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yes Baitfish it was not long after. what fishing trip that was. EVENTFUL doesn't describe it. The thread of a tread, and i like the goodyear omment
    (wished i had a thunk it up)

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I once watched 3 different people try to get anew boat off a tailer at a ramp. after about 15 minutes of stepping over the strap across the center and some of them almost tripping over it. an older man walked over and told them to losen it just enough for the boat to slide out from under it . I almost fell out of my boat laughing.

9. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats a decent size one maybe youl hook into a 30 lb er next time lol

10. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    thats a real nice fish kinda looks like an eel lol the tire gator huh good name tire! LOL

11. nightCaster

nightCaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    great catch, was it good eatin?

12. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    my question is. with a beauty of a catch like that, whats the taxidermy gonna charge to do it up for you.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If i had been drunk
    it would have been a eater
    but i was sober so it was just a chewer
    kind of rubbery
    Strickly CPR with a magnifiecent speciman like that i had to give someone else a chance at it. I have 4 future ones about like it in the drive way now.

14. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    all joking aside, its a shame to see that people just dont care about others fishing waters. i know everytime i go to the river lake public pond i do my part, i always clean up after me and kids, and sometimes others.

15. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    So do I. I aalways come back with more than I took with me. I must have picke up a 1/2 mile of old line this year. Carry trash baags in boat and car all the time.

16. Catatonic Chronic

Catatonic Chronic New Member

State:
    Johnson City, New York
    'Tweren't no tiregator you got there, catseeman. I done read up on that species, it's actually the fearfully-reknowned steel-belted dupont radial fish, aka genus non-fixitus retreadicus. They're a hybrid between the firestonus recallicus, and the baldus michelinus (sp?). :big_smile_2:

17. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Maybe this will be easier.

18. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    \

I doubt it would have survived the trip, glad you CPR'd it. What a story.

19. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here I've been telling my 11 yr old that was a Bowfin. Now I have to tell him the old man aint so smart afterall. Kinda looks like a Bowfin.:embarassed:

20. Just tell me if its bragging rights to catch an ugly (but rare) fish?