new special topic ?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Bayoubear, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    how does one go about suggesting a new special topic?
    ive been noticing that the meat subjects are dominating the
    BOC Diner threads.

BBQ, Curing, and Smoking as a category? IMHO its a good idea and would keep other food topics from getting lost in the shuffle.

I would even volunteer to keep an eye on it if need be. Does this need to be forwarded to the Catfish god himself? or just a significant number of votes following my post here in this thread?

what do you folks think?

'chad

2. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    :smile2:

well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Still sounds good to me. Lets get it going. I'm interested.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I had left you a profile message and suggested getting hold of Whistler about it, since I think he does alot of work with special threads and works with the library and stuff.

(they all may do that, but I just know he worked with me on a couple of articles for the library, and helped me with some other things when I needed help.)

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Chad,I'm game. I havent posted yet ,Cause I was curious about what others thought. I love my smoked meats ,and would welcome input from my friends on recipes,tecniques ,Etc .

6. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Typically the Diner categories do not go by suggestion, simply because there would be more categories than recipes to put in them. I'll keep this one in mind when I go through the recipes and see what gets added. If there's enough for it's own category, then it'll get one. Thanks.

7. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    thanks, your point makes a lot of sense and i can see how it could get out of hand. was thinking all the bbq, sausage, smoking, curing, etc... basically all things MEAT. woo hoo. could be kept together.

no worries tho,

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As a meat cutter by trade, and being 93% carnivorous...I never noticed a problem. :smile2: