New software release Humminbird 997C SI Combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Paraguayguy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't have a SD Card reader on my Computer so I had to order the update from Humminbird. Can't wait to try out the new Down View Scan feature. I saw some pictures and its pretty incredible. Anyone already install and try theirs. Thoughts? Opinions?

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i just registered my 797 c2 si and seen that the down image download update is also availible for this unit, i was gonna call humminbird and ask if i could download it to my unit using the AS PC2 cable which connects the unit to your computer insted of using a SD card. sounds like alot of updates besides the down image go along with this download, new gps updates,new color palettes for the 2D and side image, improves trolling motor noise rejection, fixes various cosmetic and minor operational defects. plus there were a couple other improvements included in these updates. and the best part is the downloads are FREE.

3. Really!!!! Well, that's just the Cat's Meow, now aint it!!! Great job there sir!!

.....and don't forget to upgrade your membership to get your beanie, coin, and "Dawg" tags!! ;)

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well i tell you the new update is awsome . a sd card reade can be found at wally world for about 12-18 bucks . just so you know

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i called humminbird cust. service this morning and their gonna send me a SD card with the updates on it for 15.95, thats cheaper than the cost of the cables i would of had to buy and easier to download on the unit

6. Cool bro! When we goin out to try it!:handshake:

7. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

Sorry but the DI won't work on the 797,must be 798 or up.You'll get everything on the update but the DI.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thats not what the woman from customer service told me when i called, the down image came out on 1/14 for the 797 c2si, i'll let ya know in a couple days when i get the SD card

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I spoke w/ the H'Bird reps at the outdoor expo on the 16th-they said the processor was slightly slower on the 797 than the 798-thats the only reason it couldn't support the DI. I also have the 797 and updated it to the latest software.It has the DI screens and options,but no actual images.

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    The Humminbird engineers found a way to make it work on the 797. Your update will have DI for your 797.

Attached Files:

11. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Restore your defaults settings to factory, reload the previous update, then reload the latest update. You should have DI on the 797.

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thanks grimpuppy for clearin it up, i was also told by the service rep that the settings must be defafaulted to factory for it to work, if not the unit might need to be sent to factory to fix.

13. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I didn't rest them on the update before this on and effed up my unit. Lucky I was able to load an older update I still had saved on my computer, reset defaults and then load the new one and it worked again. Sometimes it works without resotring them, but when it doesn't it really messes it up.