New smoker -sort of

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 30, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ive been kicking out some meat on this. i got this back in may from my uncle who had tossed it out for junk day. a brinkman smokin grill pro. i spent less than $15. new paint wood and a pressure wash. ive smoked 2 foot salmon fillets 15lb briskets and many others. one mans junk anothers treasure. and have since put new handles on it too.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll say ,shoot there aint enough wrong with it to junk it ,just a little T L C and she's good as new glad you got it .

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot not one whole in it, cap still on smoke stack, wheels intact, and all grates there and working. what i like is i can grill corn in the fire box on the grate and toss taters in the coals and hour before the smoked meat is done all on one system. and just so much better flaver than even slow cooking on my old grill.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Cool Jeremy!! Hay the next time your uncle desides to get rid of His JUNK give Me a call.LOL J.D.:byebye:

5. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey thats a great lookin treasure you have. Looks like you did a great job fixin it up. Wouldnt mind havin it myself. If your uncle decides to do that again...give me a holler.

6. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Awesome job fixin' er up Jeremy.
    I love my smoker but need to get a bigger one like that.

7. Cajun

Cajun New Member

State:
    Kolin, Louisiana
    I have one just like it, and man you just don't know how good it works. Just remember cook low and slow even for hours for brisket and the rewards will pay off greatly ....The Cajun

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Got one just like it, great bbq/smoker. When i was growin up my girlfriends dad ran the city dump( he also knew my family/dad for years) He told me "Mike..you'd be suprised what people throw away." :big_smile: Well I'll tell ya, I ain't too proud to reuse what some else throws away.

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Nice rebuild. Next time ya fire it up cut a cabbage or two in half, put a few pats of butter on the cut side, spinkle it with some of your favorite BBQ dry rub or lay a couple strips of bacon on the cut side. wrap'em in foil and cook
    til soft. takes several hours but good Q always does..

10. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Jeremy - Great job - just getting into smoking myself but due to cost I will probably build one like DH has - trash can! LOL

We will have to organize a gathering at Clinton lake so you can bring it to show it off and make us some food. You know how I like to eat.
    With the change of Catstock's date I probably won't make the 2008 so maybe a gathering at Clinton is in order for 2009. You brag about Clinton now promote it for a gathering.