new small water cat boat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 13, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    some of ya might remember that a few months ago i found a small 10 foot alum flat jon in the creek abandoned. well it was beat up pretty bad abd had been ran over with a 4 wheeler. this town has 500 people in it and prob 1000 atv's lol. any way i did some serious overhauls to it and got it back in shape and patched. it floated in my koi pond with me in it so it was good to go.

that would be a good one for the joke thread, if ya test boats in your koi pond, ya might be a redneck catfishermen. roflmao.

and way i dug through a box yesterday and found some lights from my old glasspar i cut up and destroyed ten yeas back and an old pump that lost its threads. with a little pvc and speaker wire i have turned this into a great boat. lights, pump, all ran to swtiches. seats. a strapped down coustom cooler with cup holders on lid. pvc rod holders and oar holders. a 36# thrust minn kota short shaft i got from my neighbor and coustomized to about a 20 " shaft. battery and box. this thing is ready for some serious creek fishing now. ill post pics in a bit.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If nothing else Jeremy, you are very ingenuitive :D !!!
    I can't wait to see the pics of this new puddle jumper!!!

3. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Way to go Jeremy - Does it fit in the back of the pickup? Will shure save you on gas! Just right for lake clinton, can't wait to see it! Just the right size for you and the boy - I bet he can't wait to get it in the water - needs a name across the back, like SS Minnow etc:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "ingenuitive", He is a Mill Wright. LOL. A Mill Wright in my area can do anything.

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I cant wait to see what you done with it.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot screen i can carry this on my back. i wouldn't go in any lake with this. its a ponder and creekboat. a wake would sink it. the bilage pump works great. me and the boy filled it 1/2 full tonight with hose. it was empty within 2 min,. its cool. i found two clamp rod holders in the shed at my grandpas too from that old boat. gave em a new coat of paint. it has 6 rod holders now. more than my 17 foot 50 hp boat. lmao. its cool. i put some coustom grapix on the cooler with a sharpie. ill get some pics up tomorrow. its a catillac of tiny boats. the name is the jl, minnow.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here are pics. of it

8. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Cool boat jerm! Just don't forget to wear a life preserver.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sure would come in handy for me. I got a couple places I could use that boat. And if I was a duck hunter, WOW. :0a22: :thumbsup:

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    nice job, jeremy. if you want some added bouyancy, try what i did to a little 10ft 2 man boat. i took 2 10 for pieces of 7 inch pvc, capped them, and glued them to the sides with silicone. they added a tremendous amount of bouyancy and stability. since the go on the outside of the boat, they widen the boat and make it more stabil. it cost me like 25 bucks to do it.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i strapped some noodles to it. i also have a 4" by 6' long peice of elect counduit. im thinking of cutting it to 2 3' sections and filling it with foam and capping it. bolting it to each side like pontoons.