new SKUNK'd pole

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by BIG_D, Aug 23, 2008.

ever ben skunk'd by son or dawter or both or even grand kids

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    as you all know my girl skunk'd my butt last night
    tell us how you was skunk'd by son or dawter or both!!!:cool2:
    pics are a plus!!!!:cool2:

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    The old addage every dog has its day! Yeap I have been skunked, it was a great day though!:smile2:

3. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    They should add parents to the poll

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I voted no for the reason my 2 boys are to young yet for fishing. They are 3.5 and 2.5 years respectively. Give them a few years and I will assure you, daddy will get skunked and the boys will prevail. And that is just fine with me. Seeing them catch fish will be iciing on the cake. Gotta start them early in life to get their attention focused on fishing. Hopefully they both will love it and I'll have a couple of fishing partners for life. My guess is they are already interested. They love watching me fish and they love boat rides. They like it on the water. That's cool to me.:wink::big_smile:

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    When my second boy Orren was eight, the only fish we caught one day
    was his, an eight pound flathead. I couldn't have planned it any better,
    just happened that way. We had gotten the usual bunch of peck and run
    hits on the relatively light tackle we were using and he was starting to
    get frustrated. He couldn't get the idea of a hookset down, just picked
    it up and started reeling. He'd lost three in a row and carefully rebaited
    with nightcrawlers we picked up the night before. He loaded three worms
    on the 2/0 Whisker Sticker hook and chunked it out into where the current
    from the feeder creek started to merge with the river flow and threw it
    a bit long for once. Watched the rig for less than five minutes, lept on
    the bobbing pole and started reeling. Danged if he didn't sink that hook
    into the corner of that cat's mouth. Little guy muscled him in with a pump
    and reel to the surface method of gaining line like he was sea fishing,
    whooping with excitement as the critter wallowed on the surface near
    the bank. We forgot the net but got him in anyway. Good times!

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    my grandaughter at 3 skunked me 12inch crappie on a snoopy pole.

7. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    My oldest son is a down's syndrome hunk of love. My granddaddy taught him to fish and emphasized patience. Like most kids like him, when he learns something, he has it and that is just the way it is. So when we have gone fishing, he exercises a lot more patience than I do and thus catches more fish. Bu then he eats a lot more fish than I do too LOL. You should see him shell a bream. Pulls out the dorsal fin, gets his thumb under the meat at the tail and pushes it toward the head, instant fried fish fillet. 30 seconds and the whole fish is gone!!!!!!! God I miss that little sucker. He lives with his mother in South Carolina. Thanks for the memory Dallas. Ronnie

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have no problem telling the tale It was a blessing too my 5 yr ole courtney who now hates & always has hated fish smell & otherwise wanted to go on tee worst day manageble fer a fair weather such as myself "FISHING!"fer her first time out in the boat ...knew it was gonna be good love my bratt:wink: caught a couple pound drum said done taske me home-talked me into it and I still am traumitized as a step dad but you cant never have that one:smile2::wink:Kid still hates fish ? loves dads stinkey but let him know:wink:"NEED TO SHAVE DAD- YOU SMELL normal dad take care of it:confused2:6 yr ole tellin ya you stink:wink:Loven it!(LOL):wink:gotta be a big kid too and Im there:wink:

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its the dand derndest sometimes (LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2::tounge_out::roll_eyes::wink::tounge_out::roll_eyes::cool2::smile2::smile2:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ron you got something that is beyond blessing....:roll_eyes:

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    amen brother amen

12. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thanks guys, Daniel is 27 years old now and quite the little old man. He has always been so conservative in his ways. He is my heart.:big_smile:

13. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Let my daughter use my good pole and reel and she pulled one after the other

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i just wanted to say thank you to every one for sharring your storys and reps to all

15. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have hit a bit of a fishing slump but my youngest son Caleb has hit a complete dry spell. It has been a few weeks since the poor little guy has reeled a catfish in. His older brothers have been teasing and being just plain mean to him. Friday night I was going to take my kids to a lake that we have never been to. But things came up and we had to delay our trip until next week. I was able to take them out for few hours to the local lake here in town. Caleb kicked all of our butts and his brothers got a taste of what it feels like to go home empty handed. The great thing about catfishing is that its dark. No one can tell who's hook is baited and who's hook is bare.

16. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    way to go little brother caleb good job kicking the brothers butts and moms too lol thanks for the story sis

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i see we are still geting votes on this but the storys have stoped take the time to tell your story we all like hearring them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I think I've got a story you'll all like.....I married my wife in March of 2002 and she already had two kids (who are now also MY kids. Weird how things work out...). Anyway, she told me that she used to fish as a kid and she tried to pass on the memories to the boys. Well, I have an uncle who used to own a small farm (where I used to spend my summers), and there was a pond on the land. I took the wife and kids up there one weekend to do some catfishing, which was just about all you could do out of the pond anyway. I watched the kids fish for a while before I decided to go up the house and get something to drink. I took one step back outside and I heard my oldest hollerin'...."SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THIS FISH!!!" I ran down there not knowing what on our God's green earth that boy had hung. Turns out that it was an albino channel cat, about 2lbs. My uncle laughed and said that when he bought the place and stocked the pond with channel cat fingerlings and that he had made sure that about 1 out of every 100 fingerlings were albino. It sure was nice to see the smile on that little boy's face when he caught that "weird-looking" fish. I've got pics of that fish somewhere at the house. I'll see what I can do about finding them and posting them.

19. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Back in 1994, My wife and I had went camping with the kids in San-Lee state park in North Carolina. I tried my luck at catfishing the first day and came up empty handed. I got up the next morning and fixed breakfast and we ate, then my then 9 yr old daughter Jona said she was goin fishin at the dock.We said OK and she left. meanwhile I was cleaning up the cooking gear and I hear her hollerin "Daddy" and I look toward the lake , and there she was carrying 3 real nice cats (5 to 6 lb) I asked where did you get them? She commenced to tell us how an old man at the docks showed her how to fish with chicken liver.and she caught the fish.She ended up outfishing me all weekend.

20. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    A couple of my friends and my son went to a Park District sponsored fishing derby a few months back.My friends and I had a bet going who would catch the most fish.Just a few bucks to make things interesting since it was just a local pond.I started out good by hooking a 2 pound carp,then my son matched me a little while later with one slightly bigger.After that it was over.I got nothing for the next two hours,same with my 2 friends.I couldn't believe the luck we were having.My 9 year old son however,couldn't stop landing them.His biggest was a 2.5 pound bass that won him a nice fishing pole.He did this all on his little $15 rod from Walmart to boot.Never underestimate the power of luck I say.He walked away with a nice pole and $10 in his pocket.Talk about a nice day on the pond for a kid.