New Shotgun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by duckriverdave, Jul 30, 2007.

1. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    With dove season just around the corner, I'm investing in a new shotgun.

Going to get a Beretta White Onyx over/under in 12 gauge. I also will use it to shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with the White Onyx?

drd

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cant tell ya anything about Beretta ,But it seems like lots are joining thier bandwagon,I prefer to go with rem,win, mossberg or marlin myself.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on a new gun, cant ever go wrong with a new gun.

4. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    THE only thing i know about Berretta, Benelli, Franchi, Fiocchi is that they are all sweet guns i`ve shot my buddies. i wish I could afford one lol. my Winchesters, Brownings and Mossbergs & Rugers are all frowning at me right now. I love the benelli super black eagle and if you are thinking about me a Xmas time go ahead and send one on over.
    :smile2:

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have a friend who got a barreta like that. we shot skeet with it the other day. i have an old rem. wingmaster and a mossberg turkey slayer, but after getting the feel of it. dang!! what a sweet shootin shotgun. the whole setup just felt smooth and tight. i really liked it... of course i couldnt hit the moon if it was flying across my face so i have no idea how accurately patterned it was. he seemed to be doing pretty well though.

hope it helps.
    j.d.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    90 % of my hunting clients in Paraguay bring beretta 687 o/u shotguns. We do high volume shooting for pigeons and doves. Somedays 2000 shells per hunter. I have seen plenty of guns break but never a beretta o/u.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That Beretta is one fine piece of equipment. A good investiment. Will only go up in value. It will serve both hunting and trap. Whats not to like. Nothing. Thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the berettas is a good gun. i preffer benelli's but from what i know, you cant go wrong with beretta

9. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That really makes me feel better about the 687. Beretta seems to make quality stuff. I coach a trap/skeet team at school and several shooters have the Beretta autoloaders. They seem to function flawlessly.

Thanks,

drd

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I admit it.I am jealous! I wish that I had One.Enjoy!
    Shoot one for peewee! I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    You guys are above my pay grade, LOL. Congrats on the new piece.

12. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Lots of shells in a day do most of them use 20GA?

13. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I still love the old recoil operated Browning A-5.......those things last forever.

14. JohnMeador609

JohnMeador609 New Member

State:
    ky
    Your not going to go wrong with that gun. I have a xtrema2 and it is a great auto gun couldn't be more pleased with it. For o/u I went with the browning cynergy just because it has adjustable stock and it fits me perfect.