Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

New Shotgun

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  JohnMeador609 
#1 ·
With dove season just around the corner, I'm investing in a new shotgun.

Going to get a Beretta White Onyx over/under in 12 gauge. I also will use it to shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with the White Onyx?

drd

#4 ·
THE only thing i know about Berretta, Benelli, Franchi, Fiocchi is that they are all sweet guns i`ve shot my buddies. i wish I could afford one lol. my Winchesters, Brownings and Mossbergs & Rugers are all frowning at me right now. I love the benelli super black eagle and if you are thinking about me a Xmas time go ahead and send one on over.
:smile2:

#5 ·
i have a friend who got a barreta like that. we shot skeet with it the other day. i have an old rem. wingmaster and a mossberg turkey slayer, but after getting the feel of it. dang!! what a sweet shootin shotgun. the whole setup just felt smooth and tight. i really liked it... of course i couldnt hit the moon if it was flying across my face so i have no idea how accurately patterned it was. he seemed to be doing pretty well though.

hope it helps.
j.d.

#8 ·
the berettas is a good gun. i preffer benelli's but from what i know, you cant go wrong with beretta

#9 ·
90 % of my hunting clients in Paraguay bring beretta 687 o/u shotguns. We do high volume shooting for pigeons and doves. Somedays 2000 shells per hunter. I have seen plenty of guns break but never a beretta o/u.
That really makes me feel better about the 687. Beretta seems to make quality stuff. I coach a trap/skeet team at school and several shooters have the Beretta autoloaders. They seem to function flawlessly.

Thanks,

drd

#12 ·
Lots of shells in a day do most of them use 20GA?

90 % of my hunting clients in Paraguay bring beretta 687 o/u shotguns. We do high volume shooting for pigeons and doves. Somedays 2000 shells per hunter. I have seen plenty of guns break but never a beretta o/u.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.