new shotgun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by massa_jorge, Aug 6, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    it seems all i do is stress about the ammo situation, so i bought another shotgun. a guy i know had let his 'friend' babysit his shotgun for a couple months, and came back to find it seriously neglected. it had been dropped in the wet sand, then put in a closet by a swamp cooler. it is a rem 870 in 20 gauge. i offered to try and clean it up for him, and he said he just wanted 20 bucks for it. i gave him 40, and went to work on it. it took 3 hours with hoppe's no. 9 and steel wool, and i had to buy a choke tube for it, but now that thing is slicker than snot. the loading gate has no wear on it, and i asked the guy how much ammo had been shot through it. he said a box and a half. i hate seeing guns neglected, but this time it didn't tick me off too bad!

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    you can see how it cleaned up over in the bird hunting section under 'doves'.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sounds like a great deal. I got my kid a 870 12 gauge, b ut when I left the store, it was a 20. I looked at it, and decided a 12 would be what he was getting. It was a nice lookin 20 gauge tho. I almost didn't take it back.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cant beat a deal like that Jordan. Lucky devil.