New SeaArk Pro-Cat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catfishsafari, Jan 17, 2008.

1. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    I will be debuting the new Pro-Cat boat by SeaArk at the Paducah Sport and Boat Show Jan.25-27 at the expo center. I have been working on this project for 3 years now so if you get a chance come by and check it out. I will also have some rods and tackle there.

Dont forget to enter the BOC only drawing for a new Catfishsafari rod of your choice while your there.

Thanks Steve..

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    cool, good to hear about them getting it done. Cant wait to see some pics of this boat.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Steve, you've really gotta slap those SeaArk guys around and get a few pre-release photos to post here! I'm about to go nutty with anticipation... :eek:oooh:

Folks, if this boat turns out as well as I'm expecting it to based on the design work Steve has done, it'll be *THE* catfishing boat to have. All you'll need to do is sit in it one time and you'll wonder why you ever thought it was a good idea to buy that flat-bottom (and 3 degrees might as well be "flat bottom" as far as I'm concerned), side-console, giant-rear-deck BASS boat for catfishing. This a catfishing boat designed for catfishermen by a catfisherman.

It's going to take a little time for some of the die-hards to "get it", I'm sure, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that SeaArk to be scrambling to keep up with the demand within a few months.

For those who are about to ask the question, here are of the major features of this boat as I understand them - (Steve will correct me if I'm wrong):

* 24' 15-degree V-hull - same hull as the "Big Daddy"
    * Rated for 225HP Suzuki 4-stroke
    * Dual console / walk-through windshield, forward mounted
    * Huge rear livewell
    * ~25 gal front livewell (for rinsing your bait)
    * Self draining raised front deck
    * Stand-up top with side and rear curtains (optional)

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Steve,

This sounds great. Would be cool if you could get us a 30 second clip of video when you are at the show?

Hmmmmmm.... One sweet sounding boat!

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Paul: I will be with Steve at Paduach Show when he shows the boat for the first time next week, I will get some good movie clips of it with the camera.

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Eric....

I know I shouldnt, and Betty would kill me :crazy:

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Where are those boats made? Could it be Arkansas?:wink:

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Wish I could be there for that. And see it in person. As I have been waiting to see the finial boat.
    It might over ride the Lund. but don't know. The price I am sure will be like the rest of the sea-arks. Way 2 high for what is there.
    Eric try and get a few shots showing the boat from above. that way we can see how the layout of the boat is.
    Pete

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Pete: I just talked to Steve today on the Phone, I will be in the booth with him for the Paducah Show, I will have the BOC movie Camera there and get shots of it from all ways for you. I might steal it for the evening and go fishing in it..LMAO Wouldn't that be something, They be looking all over for the boat and look out the window and its floating down the river with a 100 lb blue attached and me screaming for help !! LMAO

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You know if the boat is what I think it is. And can talk Marilyn out of that Old Lund.:crazy: WE may just look hard at it. Thanks and get lots of pictures of it inside and out.
    You have a PM or 6.
    Do you know who will be there as boat dealers? how about the one north east of you?
    Pete

11. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    A couple of things I will add to Mr.T post is this. It will have a big rear live well however the rear deck is smaller than the big daddy. The big daddy has a 64" rear deck the Pro-Cat has a 48" rear deck. This makes the boat a lot more user friendly for catfishermen who like to fish from the rear of the boat.

It will also be pre-rigged for a drop-in factory tournament live well. What that means to us is you will have water, drain, and electric in the rear deck with easy access ( kinda like air hose connections ). So when you fish a tournament you drop in the livewell plug it in, hit the switches and go. No more cattle troughs or rubber maides.

I will have my camera with me so I can take some stills and see if DH can post them.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cant wait to see picks of boat & also would really like to see pics of eric with 100 # blue cat LOL:smile2::006:

13. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Wow,
    Sounds almost exactly like my boat. Guess I should have asked Steve at SeaArk if they were going to produce one. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Great minds must think alike...LOL

Nomdic1

14. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    steve i think what this boat needs is a good work out, i know your busy with the rods& boat shows ect. so i will take time to go & test this bad boy out. if they get it to me by the end of the month, i should have a full report on it by december:wink: i wouldnt do this for just anybody. ps might need a full tank of gas in it, & throw in a half dozen river rods, just a thought...haha. il see you there.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How about the front deck? Is it still the same size as in the Big daddy?
    I use the front deck more then the back of the boa most of the time.
    Pete

16. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have a 20 ft River Cat that I ordered and got in Apr 07. This new boat sounds exactly like what I originally wanted but could not find. I love my River Cat but WOW, I might have to look at upgrading some day. I have done a lot of modifications to mine already, including puting in another 75 gal livewell for tournaments. I wish this thing would have come out a year earlier...I would have spent my money on it! We need to see a lot of pics here.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Steve will have to give you the exact dimensions once he gets the boat, but I think it's pretty similar in size to the Big Daddy. There is also a step-down from the front deck to a "mid level" deck just ahead of the consoles, with room for a huge bait tank, coolers, etc.

18. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    looks promising...can't wait to see some footage and pictures...Thanks for the work

19. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    I heard the price was going to be $36,000. Does that sound right?

20. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    The front deck is the same as the big daddy, However it will have a 25gal. livewell and be self draining ( Help keep shad water out of the boat ).

As far as the price, I don't know. I'm sure it will vary greatly with options. I will be the first to omit it's not an econo. boat. This boat was designed for the tournament grade catman or serious week end warrior.

Rumor has it we are going to make a 20 footer also. If you put a 115 suzuki on that the price wont be bad.