New Screen Name....Take the poll

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Jun 1, 2008.

Should Kyle be honored with the new Screen Name of STITCH????

1. YES, of course he should, can't pass up an opportunity like this...

2. No, give the new guy a break and see if he does something worse later....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll try to copy/paste Muddy-Fish 's hilarious misadventures so you can see it again and make an informed vote.

His lovely wife has made the nomination that his screen name shall be changed to Stitch.:smile2:

I think we should help her out. Screen names are sometimes changed here on the BOC, it's just that we need a little time to catch you in the act of something to find the appropriate moniker.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Here is the story:

Initiate
    Name: Kyle

Awards Showcase
    Total Awards:

[​IMG]
    I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome shown to my lovely wife and I and we look forward to meeting up with all of you again. Now for my story, we got out on the water about 10:15 and had no problem catching shad, it was a great start. We went down river and anchored at about 11:00, in what I thought was a great spot. Within a few minutes I discovered that the river was moving a lot faster than it looked. I attempted to do what all good fishermen would do, move. I then found out that my 21 lb anchor, not even 12 hours old, was snagged. While attempting to pull the anchor in it got wrapped around several of my new poles and the back of the boat, I won’t say how. Needless to say I did not want to lose my poles or the boat so I grabbed my filet knife and attempted to cut the rope. I'm sure you know where this is going. With the first attempt I got my left index finger as well as the rope. My finger gave but the rope did not. With the second and final attempt I got my left shin as well as the rope. My day was over at 11:30 and I spent the next 4 hours getting a total of 9 stitches, 4 in the finger and 5 in the shin. I just want to say it’s bad enough when you have to go to the hospital and you have to explain how you cut yourself once but they really look at you funny when you cut yourself twice. On a lighter side, as I was leaving the hospital the nurse gave me a little plastic fish and my wife has decided that my new screen name should be “Stitch.” Thanks again for welcoming us into the BOC and have a great summer.

Should the new screen name be STITCH?

Take the poll.........

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!! :eek:oooh::smile2:

3. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    sounds like it fits now. hope u heal soon so you can get back out there good luck.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, I voted yes but, There have been name changes brought on by worse misstakes, LOL!!!:wink::wink::wink:

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I wouldn't call them worse JW, just more notorious.:wink:

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    haha, yeah i did get to hear the story of "skipeye" yesterday!

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I said yes change his name, but I also reserve the right to change it later if he does something even worse.:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The name Stich seems to fit the situtation. However I believe he will never forget that night, even without the user name reminder.:smile2:

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    NOW GUYS,
    MOMMA SAID THEIR WOULD BE DAYS LIKE THIS!

THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

:roll_eyes:

10. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    A great name wear it with pride

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oh well, the link in my original post didn't work....so nothing I said had any relevance. Oops.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Stitch sounds good to me and if his wife likes it, well get use to the idea.:crazy:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I voted no, cause I am sure that Kyle, being a fine catman, held his bloody limbs over the side. If that aint chuming with blood, nothing is. Here's to ya Kyle. Of course, we do have to take points away because ya wimped out an went to the hospital instead of waiting to see what the chum brought in.
    Even so, I vote for "Blood Chummer".

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Poor poor Kyle.. The wounds will heal, but I can guarantee that we'll never let yo forget your first dollar tourney... hehehe.. Welcome STITCH

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sorry about the misfortune, hope ya recover quick and no problems. STITCH sounds so appropriate, thats what I'll remember.

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I voted YES........he has definetly earned it:big_smile:

17. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes of course!!:smile2: A story like this is once in a lifetime. And he was man enough to tell on himself.:smile2: Me says the one that knows him best suggested it, so who are we to disagree.:wink:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    STITCH it is LOL

Dang, sorry to hear about your misfortunes on the river. If it makes you feel any better just about everyone on here has had there share of calamities out on the river. Three summers ago I took a tumble on a wing dike and it landed me 25 sum odd stitches on my shin. Good thing I didnt know this gang all that well back then. :big_smile:

Very nice to meet you and your wife. Wear your name badge with Pride :smile2:

19. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I just want you all to know that was again fishing within 24 hours and made it home safe with only the stitches I left with.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Glad your going to live Kyle. It was great meeting you and your lovely wife. Well look forward to the next time we meet and perhaps you can keep all your appendages in tact :wink::smile2: