New Scope For Pellet gun!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 27, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
  2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    4 inch group you should be able to get it better than that. I had a daisy with a tasco 2X and was able to get sub 1 inch at that range. What you can also do is turn the pellet around it will go a little slower but it will act as a hollowpoint.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I agree, depending on the power of the rifle you're using you should be able to get better than 4" groups.

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    its the daisy powerline 901, 735 FPS, im using PBA ammo, (THAT STUFF IS EXPENSIVE!!!!) i dont know why the groups are so big...

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    make sure your rings are tight. my son got a gamo varment hunter and i kept adjusting the cross hairs on it and come to find out the scope was loose. shes tacking now. impressive pellet gun.

6. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Practice, Practice, Practice........

7. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Nice setup you got there.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You should be able to shrink those goups ,Kevin ,just keep shooting plain pellets through it till ya do bout 1000 ,and try different pellets too air rifles are like real rifles the like certain types of ammo better than others.

9. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Like 223 said,I have a RWS 1k fps and it like's the plain jane crossman wadcutters the best,just shoot as much as you can and that is the best thing you can do for your marksmanship.

10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Kevin, It might be your Daisy Scope that is making your groups so large. I have 5 of them and have sent 2 of them back in for repairs and they exchanged them with new or rebuilt ones. They have a rep for giving trouble.
    Also try Crosman hollow point pellets and target pellets and it should help your groups some.