New Ruger 77

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by chambers bd, Apr 17, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I heard their is a new Ruger Model 77, adjustable trigger and a bull barrel. Any one heard or maybe own one?

2. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i have heard of it would like to see one. can any trigger be adjusted ?

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the info I havent heard of these guns yet have you heard if they were good guns or not.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just check out thier website an take a look

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    It sounds good , dont know how it compairs to a weatherby or a savage?

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    that savage tactical with accu trigger is sweet:big_smile::cool2:

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think you've heard about the new Hawkeye. I've handled them and WOW! What a trigger! Even at the factory settings they're good. They are adjustable like the remington and winchester, unlike the old ruger triggers. Not sure if they're gonna make a heavy barral varient as they've already got a bull barrel varmint rifle, but they did feel a little muzzle heavy to me, which I like anyway. I liked the trigger as it had a rounded surface instead of the flat wide one. That alone will make the trigger pull "feel" lighter on it's own, plus it helps pulling the trigger straight back instead of to one side or the other.

I haven't got one yet, but plan on it since Winchester went out on me. I've got a couple remington 700s that shoot great, but they don't have the feel of the hawkeye. They just seem to melt into my shoulder and feel right. I've never been able to like the savage, they don't have that "feel right" feel to them for me. I also like the trigger on the hawkeye better than the savage too, but that's just me.

8. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I have owned quite a few Rugers through the years and they are all been great hunters and shooters. Still have several heavy barrels, all older but all are keepers. Savage heavy barrels have all shot well for me but don't seem to fit me well either.