New 'round here

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jeomphroy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. jeomphroy

jeomphroy New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hi all, I have been reading up on all the great knowledge here. I used to fish when I was young and remember having a blast. Now that I have a son, I am trying to take him fishing too. I live near canyon lake, saguaro and the lower salt. Is there somewhere in this area that anyone can recommend for channels? I have been to canyon lake in boulder on a recommendation, but it seems to produce very few cats? Actually, we've been skunked more times than not. We have tied everything from cut bait, liver, worms, and stink bait. I appreciate all the info already. Thanks

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri James.

3. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    welcome to the BOC Im sure youll find your answer here

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James Welcome to the BOC,from So. Illinois. I can't help you on locations in your area but I will suggest a bait an applicator that will help you catch a lot of eater size fish. Team Catfish, one of the BOC Sponsors, has a bait called Secret 7, and a bait holder called the mini furry thing. Order these and start catching fish.

5. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Hi And welcome there is alot of good stuff and people here

6. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    A friend of mine fishes Canyon almost exclusively. His last time out they caught LMB, SMB, crappie, channel and flathead cats. I've only fished Canyon twice, once with him and once with my boat. I'll be fishing there 9-18/19-09. When I do I'll post how we did.
    My partner and I are fishing the Lake Pleasant striper tournement 8-22-09. I'll post how we do on that one. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC James.

8. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Went to canyon today,had to try out my new to me outboard!:big_smile: The wife caught a few stripers and i caught two channels,on lures!! Bluegills of all sizes were plenty! Was gonna hang out and try for flattys but some weather come in and i have to work tomorrow!I will go back next week and try that again!!:cool2:

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello James and welcome to the BOC!!!

10. jeomphroy

jeomphroy New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks all for the friendly response. Going this weekend, gonna take the boy out. :big_smile:

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    soooooooooooo, what did ya do with them bluegills???

12. jeomphroy

jeomphroy New Member

State:
    arizona
    Where do you guys fish for flats? Sounds like great fun, but I'd be willing to bet they'd destroy a rig like mine. lol

13. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BOC bro.You came to the right place for catfishing.

14. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    They recieved a thorough checkover and released to be used as bait another day!!:wink:

15. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    There are multiple places in Az to fish for flattiess! Just gotta use all youre patience and then find more!!:smile2: Check out some of the recent posts here!Good luck out there!:cool2: