New rod

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kenlaw76, Jul 29, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I just got done ordering a new spinning rod for my Shimano 6500 Baitrunner. I got a 8' heavy action Shimano Teramar spinning rod. Does anyone have one of these rods or ever seen one? I saw a 6'6" medium action in the place I ordered it from and it looked very nice and told him to order me an 8'. I am hoping it is as sweet as the smaller rod I saw earlier.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    If Larry Dahlberg can use them on the fish he chases, it should be a great rod for catfish. :wink:

3. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I hope it can handle a gangster Flathead.:smile2:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    All conventionals and baitcasters for me!

Can't help ya on the spinner department.

5. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Hope you like your new rod. We never seem to have enough of them:eek:oooh:
    I just bought two myself and that puts the count to about 12. Wife thinks I'm nuts but then all she does, besides work, is watch TV.
    Well, actually she does alot around the house and I love her for it. I just can't get her interested in any of my hobbies.

6. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Whats it rated for? (weight, line).Personally I feel the advantages of a long rod out weigh a short one. Especially for a bank fisherman.8 is not bad though about as short as Id go. Never heard of the rod but, hope it works out for ya

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Please provide us with a review and some feedback once you get out there and catch the fish

8. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I belive it is rated for #30-#40 line and 2oz-3oz weight. I can't wait to put it to good use.