new rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bigrob2530, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bigrob2530

bigrob2530 New Member

State:
    pa
    Iam looking to get a new rod for catfishing this year i fish the three rivers in pittsburgh can any one help me out i will spend the money for a rod iam not cheap let me know whats good for bank fishing thanks ?????

2. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    bro...no need to double post on this website...we have plenty of members to answer every question.

3. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    btw...searching never hurts...

look into

catfish safari
    uglysticks
    berk glow sticks
    shakespeare

so many just research and pick one you like!!!! :p

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey if I was you I would check on the Abu Garcia poles and reels there good rods and they should last you a long time and you should be able to catch plenty of fish on it.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    what i have read shakespeare ugly stik's are the all time seller's there are to many out there out of 500 fisherman you will finf 400 differant rods so you have a good choise out . just try and stay with a med.heavy and you will do good:big_smile:

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Choosing a rod can be a time consuming ordeal. The choices are endless. If you want to spend some hard earned cash. Go custom!! You will get what you want. Your choice of color, rod length, action, type of grip(cork, Eva, foam), reel seat, etc. Black and Blue custom rods offer such choices and Randy Harris the owner makes the rods with perfection in mind. I'm waiting on mine and should be receiving it on Wednesday. Check him out. http://www.blackandbluetackle.com

8. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    If you don't want to spend a fortune on a custom rod, try Cabelas King Kat rods. They're very strong and provide good backbone for those big fish. Lots to choose from on their website. And, their customer service is top notch.

Tight lines.

9. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i like quantum big cat rods and the ugly stick wht cat rods i have both and have no comlpantes abought eighter

10. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    berkely glowstiks.

11. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Tsunami, Tica, Lamiglas, and Penn Pro Guide rods.