New rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cathouse, Apr 30, 2007.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    For no other reason than i am a self confessd junky i recently picked up a mint new to me penn 500(older style) and you know that means time for a new rod . I am looking for the ultimate set up for when the time comes to fish trophy waters , until then it will just look good LOL . This is what i am seriously considering 8ft. ugly stick custom conventional model rod . rated for 3-12 oz. weight to pair up with my 500 . So what do ya think about that ?

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    You can't beat an ugly stick of any kind, they make them suitable for all kinds of fishing. Vern

3. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Good choice, I went with the UglyStik Catfish Rod.....It's a little over kill for most of the fish I'm catching thus far, but, I hope to test it soon.

Rich

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I know what you mean about over kill but im hooked ill confess . We only have channels here but i dream big . I have about 8 weeks vacation to use up between 7-07 and 7-08 or ill lose it , some where in there i will be on big fish water god willing , And i will be prepared . Around her i use a 7 1/2 musky rod rated 1-4 oz. and up to 40lb. line and thats plenty for most fish in this area .