New Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by outoftheboat, Feb 2, 2007.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I just brought home a new rod from BASS PRO 7' Medium Tiger Rod. Someone gave me a PENN 350 LEVELWIND. Here is the dumb question, does the line go on top of the bar that rotates or under under it? I have no clue about salt water reels. Sorry for the dumb ???

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont really follow ur question. Could u explan a little more?

3. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    -------
    ______
    It's an old Penn. Broken line is the bar that turns. Straight line is solid bar. Does line go in between? Or on top of bar that turns. It only turns as if the line is going out. Line coming in, it will not turn. Hope this helps. Sorry for all the confusion.

4. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    According to the picture the line is suppose to go over the bar. I guess the twist in the bar is to help move the line back and forth to help with keeping the line level on the spool so you dont have to manually guide the line with your hand.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey thats not a dumb question the only dumb question is the one not asked.Or so the tell me:wink:

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i looked at the reel on ebay and id have to say the line should go inbetween. if the line were on top it would probally be too high and cause alot of drag going over the bar

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Just did a google image search for penn leveline 350 found a real good picture of one rigged up on a rod with line. The line goes over top of the spiral bar.