Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm in the need of another surf rod for bank fishing. I have the TWC rods for my boat but I need something with 10, 11, or even 12 ft length so I can cast from the bank, with all of these new surf rods out there I dont have clue, so if you could please recommend a nice surf rod that could handle a 50+ size cat. Thank You.

· Registered
421 Posts
I like the American Spirit catfish line. I have an 11ft casting model and love it. I coupled it with a Penn 209m and can throw 4 oz 100yds with out even trying. They are tough and have a great price tag. My wife uses a 12 ft spinning model and love it too.

· Registered
241 Posts
Ugly Stick Big Water casting is the way to go, they handle casting allot of weight long distances and will also handle big fish very well. Price is usually between $75 and $100.

Reactions: flathunter

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I would highly recommend the Okuma Solaris Surf. I have been fishing with two 12' casting models for a few years now. The lure rating on mine is 3-8oz and I usually cast 5 or 6oz and bait with no problem. I use Abu 6500c3 on one and a 6500 Pro Rocket on the other. I also have an Ocean Master Cape Point 12' rated 6-12oz which I usually use with a 7500 Pro Rocket. But my favorites are defenitely the 6500 with the Solaris Surf. Extremely light combo and a joy to cast. I have caught a lot of blues #20 to #60 with the Solaris Surf. All from the bank and with no problem. I did break one of the rods by high sticking a snag which was totally my fault and Okuma sent a new top half at a cost of less than $30.00.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.