New Rod Holders

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by sfleming, Apr 22, 2009.

1. sfleming

sfleming New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I got my new rod holders mounted on my boat. I can slide them around were I want them. I need to try them out now on big catfish. Thanks boc for the idea's on mounting them. This site has been a great source of information. I sure am glad it is getting up and running. I know they worked hard on doing that. A BIG Arkansas Thank Ya :wink:

Attached Files:

2. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Looks great! Now get out there and try them out.

3. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Those look very familiar. I have the same set up on my boat. 4 on each side. 8 total. They work really good and hold the rod in place with fish on. Stronger than what they look. One word of advice, don't run up againt a dock or anything else stationary. They will bend that way.:embarassed:

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice looking setup. A little too clean, but nice :smile2:. Now go get that thing dirty, will ya? :tounge_out:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good looking rig and rod holders....now break'em in right!!!!:cool2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    How did you mount them in the track? I have a Lund with the track system also. Are those Drift Master bases? Thanks!!

7. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I looked at his avatar and thought he was talking about the two little kids as the "rod holders." My four year old is a good one, too, just can't get him to stand still!

John

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the pics of the new rod holders. Looking good.

9. sfleming

sfleming New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    They are Driftmaster rod holders. I made the bases from 3/4 x 2 inch aluminum stock. I milled a 45 degree angle on top and drilled and taped 1/2 inch 13 threads in center. I drilled two mounting holes on each side and used 5/16 T- Bolts to secure to rail. Hope this helps . I called Xpress Boat here and they were not much help on bases . Let me Know if I can be of more help. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16885&cookietest=1